PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

gvasale
12-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Just having read in the FAQ section again about attachments, and having looked at the posting rules at the bottom of the page, I ask myself, "why am I not permitted to post Attachments?" Clearly, others do it, so what's the problem?

An inquirey to the "contact us" some weeks back has yielded no results.

Carld
12-27-2009, 01:18 PM
What is an attachment?

EVguru
12-27-2009, 01:20 PM
What kinds of attachements?

The forum software automatically parses embedded web links. I have popups blocked, so I always put image tags in manually anyway.

gvasale
12-27-2009, 01:30 PM
jpgs of course.

page says: you may post new threads

you may post replys

you may not post attachments

you may edit your posts.

PTSideshow
12-27-2009, 01:30 PM
If you are referring to the off site photo's that are linked to like photobucket, flickr and others. or in the message box that the posts are typed in. Just above top of the type box is a number of the things that one is allowed to do with this software.

The owner has it set up to control, attachments to eliminates spam, scam, sales, attachments etc and other. After all this is commercial web site forum for support of their magazines. George the moderator reads the boards and can respond after the week end.
:D

dp
12-27-2009, 01:34 PM
This site does not host images or videos so you need to find a place to host them. PhotoBucket is one such. Some of us run our own servers and host our own. You include an image by pasting in the URL to the image and ensuring it is between opening and closing image tags. The advanced editor will assist in that.

gvasale
12-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess then I need a better explanation of how to use the IMG code?

dp
12-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I guess then I need a better explanation of how to use the IMG code?

Ah - that's covered in the sticky post at the top of each page:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=29277

whitis
12-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't recall seeing any file attachments here unlike other machining sites using the same software. Images hosted on third party web sites like photobucket, yes. The site may be configured not to allow attachments. This would explain why the little paper clip icon in the message editing tool is missing. Perhaps they don't want to provide disk space/bandwidth for hosting files.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you may see something like this: