PDA

View Full Version : Grendel P-30 firing pin

kyfho
12-27-2009, 04:10 PM
A buddy at work just "HAD-TO-HAVE" a semi-auto pistol in .22 WMR and bought a Grendel P-30. He did NO research beyond "30 rounds of .22 mag, Wow! I want it!"

Well, long story short, he now has a $600 paperweight. Firing pin broke the first time he took it to the range. Bought it used, so no chance of returning it.

I started doing some checking for him and the "broken firing pin" seems to be the weak-link to this pistol, ie. very common.

I've checked everywhere for a replacement pin with no luck.

I did find a site that has 1000's of blueprints and machinist drawings for all sorts of guns and gun parts. I can get the print for the pin for $6.00 and try to run one on the lathe at home.

My problem is I had a computer crash that killed the hard drive and now I can't find the site that sells all those prints! It's driving me batty.

Anyone familiar with the site in question? If you can point me in the right direction, I'll be eternally grateful.

Heck, if I make the pin for him and it works out, I may turn out a batch of 20 or so and post them for sale on gunbroker. Apparently lots of others looking for them too.

Thanks

kyfho
12-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Please ignore my stupidity. I found the prints at TheHuntersDen.

I just spent several hours searching and found out I can't spell.

It's "Grendel" not "Grendle"

<insert> "Sheepish Grin"

singlecedar
12-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Bought a Grendel P30 at a gunsmith estate sale. Broken firing pin. Duplicated the pin without the break. Been do'in fine ever since. Make it out of drill rod. Don't have to be hard to dint a .22 rim. If yore's is broke too bad to take measurements off of, I reckon I could take measurements off my home-made replacement and post 'em. That's gun's fun to shoot. Kinda like one of them cowboy movie guns - wonder when you're gonna run out of ammo so you can reload it agin. Believe it or not - the little sucker's kinda accurate.

JoeCB
12-27-2009, 08:50 PM
kyfho, you cought my attention with the word about "prints" for gun parts. I went to Thehuntersden site and see nothing about availability of prints. Did you have to talk to them? or am I looking in the wrong place?
Joe B

chriskat
12-27-2009, 09:54 PM
This link:

The Hunters Den Drawings Page (http://thehuntersden.com/toc.htm)

Takes you directly to the table of contents. You can buy all of the drawings on a CD for something around $60; seems like a great deal if you need any of them since there are several hundred.

From their home page click on Products then there is a link to either the entire CD of drawings or the table of contents.

Jeff

kyfho
12-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the replies guys and thanks for the offer SingleCedar, but I'm probably gonna buy the whole CD of prints from The HuntersDen. Ya never know what may come up in the future.

Whilst searching for the print, I came across some interesting news. The fellow that originally made the Grendels has a new company, Kel-Tec. It looks like sometime in 2010 they are bringing out an updated version of the P-30 called a PMR-30. Much nicer looking pistol. That P-30 was one UGLY bugger, but I DO like the concept. I wonder if they have gone to a one piece firing pin or did they stay with that POS steel pin with a pot metal button pressed onto it.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. Supposed to list for around $450. Hmm, might be on next year's Christmas wish list to Santa. :)

motorcyclemac
01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Make your firing pin from 4140 drawn back to a light blue OR make it from mild steel and case harden

Cheers
Mac

dls0019
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Sporting goods. Gun Shop.
Grendel P30 & R31 fireing pins
$47.75

$47.75

Hand made on metal leathe Grendel P30 firing pins that are better then the original one that came with the gun. The manufacturer no longer makes the firing pins for the Grendel P30 and they are known to break, so if you own a Grendel P30 or an R31 carbine order a firing pin now before your's breaks.
Total price is $47.75 including shipping, if you use pay-pal you need to add an aditional $2.00. All firing pins must be paid for before shipping.
You can reach us at either 1-888-704-8453
or e-mail at benny@gunshopthe.com*.

Butch Watson (O Brien, Florida) 888-704-8453 E-mail
8.5.2009 #343426 Views:1404 Save the ad Tell friends Abuse report Forum
O Brien, Florida classifieds | Florida ads
Map & satellite photo: Address: City: State: ZIP:

dls0019
01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
hope this will help. i bought a grendel 2 weeks ago and when i got it home the firing pin was broken. i founf this guy and he made me 1 and shipped it to me. i installed it and has work flawlessly since

Bguns
01-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Kel Tec is making a pistol now that looks a LOT like a Grendel... PMR-30
30 rounds of fine polymer goodness.. with nuts holding together, ala Grendel..

http://www.keltecweapons.com/images/pmr-30.pdf