PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make!!!!!

Alistair Hosie
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Well as a non drinker my son bought me a bottle of very drinkable Drambuie and I am slightly annibriated (or speliing to that effect He he ) well more than slightly so as usual I still love you guys kindest regards Alistair he he he :D:D:DAlistair ps did I ever tell you about the time my sister slept with half the guys in Scotland oh well as my brother in law (asshole that he is ) said Scotlands only a small country HE HE Alistair

Liger Zero
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh dear Mr. Hosie is drunk... quick lets hid his favorite set of micrometers and sit back and watch the hijinks! :D

Alistair Hosie
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Sozzled is the official term Thanks liger Alistair

GrahamC
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Sozzled is the official term Thanks liger Alistair

Enjoy Alistair!

My wife gets me a bottle of Drambuie every year for Christmas to celebrate my kin being of Scottish descent and of the Clan Buchanan.

I've not yet opened my bottle but when I do I will toast to you and all those of Scottish descent where ever their fortunes may have taken them (and another for all the good souls of this forum as well)

cheers, Graham in Ottawa Canada

Liger Zero
12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't drink very often due to a strict bout of Mormon-isim growing up... so when I do it's an Occasion.

Like New Years Eve. Might hit the bottle of Expensive Gin a couple of times. :)

kcleere
12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
LOL...nothing quite as unfortunate as inebriated posting.

Trust me on that one...:confused: (hope no one lets me log in New Years Eve)

hmmmmm...wonder if a forum could be added for that....:D

John Stevenson
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Please sent picture of your sister...................

speedy
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Alistair, try 'hot shotting' it with beer chasers. Things become very entertaining after a very short time. Keep the fire extinguisher handy:D

Rustybolt
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Alistair. We think a lot of you when we're inebriated too. Cheers, mate. Best of luck in the new year.

dockrat
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Good on ya Allistair!!!! Well I didn't get a bottle of Drambuie for Xmas but I did get a bottle of real good 20 year old Nicaragua dark rum. I'm going to crack it open on new years and will lift a glass to you and all the other members here :)
P.S. Yeah! what John said. We want pictures of your sister :D

BWS
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM
He's P.U.I.

Boucher
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I am diabetic now so that puts a crimp in things, but in younger days we for the lack of anything better to do would Debate "The therapeutic value of a good Drunk. I believe in moderation in all things hence only an occasional one has therapeutic value.

Wishing you all a very good new Year.

darryl
12-30-2009, 09:17 PM
This is my night to celebrate the beginning of a new year. I don't need a dui, but I'm probably going to be doing a few puis myself later. Here's wishing y'all a phshy new year!

prosperous, healthy, safe, and happy- yeah!

Oldbrock
12-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Now you've done it, just had to go and open a bottle of 18 year old Glenfiddich my grandson bought me for Christmas-sip-ummm They make the best scotch I believe. Guinness comes a close second, a meal in a bottle. HAPPY NEW YEAR Alistair and all the rest of you. Peter

chrisfournier
12-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Alistair is "under the afluence of incahol".

Hair of the dog...

Doggie
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
YEP,,,,,,, APPEY YOU - NEAR, EVERBODY!?!?!? Nutin wrong with a bit of New Years celebration... :eek:

I sincerely hope that 2-10 winds up being better than 2-09 did.

Your friend, Doggie :cool:

gmatov
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
I plan to bottle my lat 3 batches of wine on New Year's Eve. Should have 3 partial bottles to partake of. Mebbe 2 bottles, total. Pinot Noir, Barolo, and some that I made from bottled juice. I think I will drink the first 2, first, after that, Sterno would taste decent.

PLUS,,I have 3/4 bottle of Dandelion wine I picked the blossoms on the day that the English say is just right, April 19? 19 bottles, plus the ullage, and I think it is gonna give me a kick in the ass. I think I oversugared it. Not TOO much, but it is NOT 12%.

Wonder if I can handle 18 bottles of that. We'll see if a partial bottle will make me think of Auld Lang Syne.

A very Happy New Year to all of you.

Cheers,

George

JanvanSaane
12-31-2009, 05:36 AM
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy. I won't be getting off work till 3AM New Years Day, so enjoy and have a drink for me. John

John Stevenson
12-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Guinness comes a close second, a meal in a bottle. HAPPY NEW YEAR Alistair and all the rest of you. Peter

Good God that stuff is like drinking the hard shoulder on the M1 between Milton Keynes and Watford.

speedy
12-31-2009, 07:34 AM
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy. I John

That is, unless you're dyslexic.
1.33am here and it went down well at the Manurewa Cossie Club..good band too!

rockrat
12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
I still love you guys

You know someone is lit when that phrase gets said! :)

Hope you tied one on nicely Alistair.
Cheers!
rock

oil mac
12-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Alistair,
Never mind sending John Stevenson your sisters photo, Send me her address :D
One of the Racoons recently spoken about on the forum would be ideal for keeping Alistair of the jungle juice, He would be too busy repairing the racoons home improvements
Happy new year Alistair keep me a dram for the summer, And i will raise a glass to all of you guys tonight at midnight (That is when both hands on the clock point straight up the way) Happy new year all:)

A.K. Boomer
12-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Hosies put a pic of his Sis on here before,,,, you guys don't know what your asking for:eek:

I always thought Alistair was drunk most of the time --- go figure

toolmaker76
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
I have a fifth of whiskey that was bottled in 1976- the year I started in the trade. I have been saving it for the celebration I would have upon retirement. I took early retirement from a company as a buyout two years ago, but didn't plan on quitting working yet. However, lately I have been wondering if that counts!

Sometime well before I was born my dad made some home made root beer- I don't think anyone but him knew it would be alcoholic, but the corks blowing out of the bottles should have been a clue!

My grandmother (a teatotaler who fervently believed it was a sin to ever drink a drop of alcohol) was the only one in the family who liked it! Her side of the story- "it gave me a headache." Other family members - "you should have seen it, she was just a giggling and carrying on!....."

In any case, cheers to you Mr. Hosie and a Happy New Year to all!

jackary
12-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Cheers m'dears and Happy New Years
Lets do lots of work in the shop
Then drink more beers
Alan

Walter
12-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Happy New years all!

I've got a bottle of Bourbon here. I'll drink a toast to all of us, then pitch the glass out the window. Maybe %*&*$@# neighbor will play hearth.

3jaw
12-31-2009, 02:07 PM
In vino veritas

David S Newman
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
It's now 7-15pm here in the UK I'm just about to open a bottle whiskey and can assure you it will gone by 1am in the morning, do it every year and always say to myself on new years day NEVER AGAIN. Been saying this for so many years, think I have no will power but am going to enjoy it, but this will be the last time ???? David

Alistair Hosie
12-31-2009, 04:48 PM
John And Dan you don't wan't a picture of that ugly old turkey. I would not insult you guys she lives in larkhall Dan quite near you bonnie lad .Oh well a sober man normally I wish you all once again without my sisters picture as I dont want to start legal proceedings from George Bullis :D:D:D Alistair

Timleech
12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Now you've done it, just had to go and open a bottle of 18 year old Glenfiddich my grandson bought me for Christmas-sip-ummm They make the best scotch I believe. Guinness comes a close second, a meal in a bottle. HAPPY NEW YEAR Alistair and all the rest of you. Peter

There's better Scotch than Glenfiddich, IMHO. Personal taste of course, I prefer it with a good dose of peat! Mind you, I've never tried any 18 YO, only the bog standard. Enjoy it ;)

All I've got at the moment is some Bailie Nicol Jarvie blended given by a good customer, but it's decent stuff, good enough for a New year toast.

Tim

John Stevenson
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
You were lucky Tim, all I got was a bloody calendar.

loose nut
12-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Since I'm not a drinker I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.

I have a bottle of Crown Royal that is a 20 years old whiskey when sold but has been sitting on the shelf for over another twenty years (like I said, I'm not a drinker).

Does that make it to old, does it go bad.

Maybe I should put it down the drain.

What do you guys think.

Timleech
12-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Since I'm not a drinker I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.

I have a bottle of Crown Royal that is a 20 years old whiskey when sold but has been sitting on the shelf for over another twenty years (like I said, I'm not a drinker).

Does that make it to old, does it go bad.

Maybe I should put it down the drain.

What do you guys think.

It shouldn't change much at all once bottled, provided it's kept out of the sun and not too hot.

At least taste it before you chuck it ;)

Happy new Year

Tim

toolmaker76
12-31-2009, 10:28 PM
I was making the assumption that whiskey only gets better with age- that by the time I crack the seal on this bottle I have it will be 50 years old.

That's a good thing, right?

boslab
12-31-2009, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=JanvanSaane]I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy. I won't be getting off work till 3AM New Years Day, so enjoy and have a drink for me. John
Scotlands only usefull export, Liquid Lobotomy [aka Scotch], its noo woonder they weear skirrts uup theere, 1/2 a bottle and you cant work a zipper!
happy new year
mark

Timleech
01-01-2010, 03:37 AM
I was making the assumption that whiskey only gets better with age- that by the time I crack the seal on this bottle I have it will be 50 years old.

That's a good thing, right?

AFAIK it stops ageing when it's bottled, there will be very little change after that.

Tim

Mark McGrath
01-01-2010, 04:58 AM
[QUOTE=JanvanSaane]
Scotlands only usefull export, Liquid Lobotomy [aka Scotch], its noo woonder they weear skirrts uup theere, 1/2 a bottle and you cant work a zipper!
happy new year
mark

Hi Mark,it`s cos our sheep are faster than yours and we prefer them breathing.
Mark.

boslab
01-01-2010, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=boslab]

Hi Mark,it`s cos our sheep are faster than yours and we prefer them breathing.
Mark.
Love it, we just find a fence at the top of a cliff, them buggers dont like being pushed headfirst off a cliff
mark