View Full Version : What do they fit

Lew Hartswick
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Down at school today I came across two of these things.

Box label says:
Rockwell Manufacturing Co.
Cat. No. 24-820
Grinding wheel adaptor
With left hand thread
For straight, cup, and dish wheels

Does anyone know what grinder they may be for?
I don't see any way to attach them to a spindle.
I didn't measure but it looks like it would be an
inch and a quarter hole in a wheel to fit over it.
If the number doesn't "ring a bell" I can take a pic
in the next day or two.

01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Rockwell Delta surface grinder ??

Nice Home shop sized machine....

Sounds like adapters for wheels with Tool and Cutter grinding attachment..

01-05-2010, 11:07 PM
It does sound like they are wheel mounts for a Rockwell grinder. I have the old version and the wheel turn counter-clockwise when looking at it, so the threads need to be RH. It's part number is 24-816. There is a newer version of the grinder with ball bearings that if I remember correctly turns the other way and would take LH threads, but I don't have the manual for it to verify.


Lew Hartswick
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
AH! We had one of those around a few years ago and got a new
surface grinder. Wonder where the old one got put. will have to
see if it's still around, if not we'll see what can be done about them.
Greg, these are definately Left Hand thread.
Thanks folks.

john hobdeclipe
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Definitely post a pic of these.

I may be interested. I have an old Rockwell "Toolmaker" grinder in bits and pieces. If I ever get it back together I'll need grinding wheel adapters for it.

01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
The newer Toolmaker grinder does take the lefty wheel adaptors. I have one of the newer models and would love to have those if it could be made to work out. I can't seem to find them elsewhere.

Edit-- the number does ring a bell by the way. I have a .pdf copy of the brochure on the newer Toolmaker grinder and the part number matches up.