PDA

View Full Version : Score of the day !!

KiddZimaHater
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Finally I can brag about MY free score.
I went to a customer's shop to deliver some parts, and he told me they were sending their old NC lathe to the scrapyard.
So we went to take a look at it, and I said, "I'll buy that chuck from ya."
He says, "Take it, It's gonna be scraped anyway. It's yours."
Sweet.
Here it is: 8 inch, 6 Jaw chuck. "Made in Poland". Price= FREE !!
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6923/freechuck.jpg

rockrat
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Should have asked for the whole machine. :)

Nice looking chuck though. Good score indeed.

rock~

BadDog
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow, nice score. But you KNOW that is too big for your lathe, though it will fit mine right nice like... :p

Ken_Shea
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Yep. that'd make me happy too!
Strange that they would just scrap it though, you'd thought someone there would have snagged it for no other reason then to sell.

gwilson
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
That will be an accurate chuck if no one has ever crashed into it. I like my Bison Polish chucks.

JTToner
01-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Get the entire machine! Also, I have a 6 1/4" Bison, 3 jaw set-tru (or whatever it is they call theirs), and I really like it. I use it more often then the Buck 6 jaw set-tru that came with my lathe which, BTW, was also ear-marked for scrap along with my mill. One thing though, the adjusting screws on my Bison are set up in what I find to be an odd configuration. Instead of being four screws 90* apart, two screws are separated by less than 90* and 180* opposite them are the other two, also close together.

Johnny

tdmidget
01-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Looks like you outsmarted yourself. That appears to be a set-tru with out the back plate. Useless unless you make a new one.

lazlo
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Nice score - Bison chucks are great! Two-piece jaws, too :)

Looks like you outsmarted yourself. That appears to be a set-tru with out the back plate. Useless unless you make a new one.

You can buy the set-tru backplates at Enco, MSC et al. I think MickeyD paid $120 at MSC after the 30% off.

I'm sure someone here will give you the dimensions of the set-tru doughnut if you want to make one from scratch.