PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Croatian tractor driver

wierdscience
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Kinda tame really,but amazing now that I think about how many people I know who are worse on equipment:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wZ5oh5uVc&feature=related

flutedchamber
01-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Sit one guy or more on the hood...problem solved.

.RC.
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
damn, it ended without him winning a darwin award.. I guess now there is "peace" in the balkins, they need to find other ways to kill themselves..

rustamd
01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I think he was trying to get more torque by droping front end each time. Not sure how true it is tho.

flutedchamber
01-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Not more torque, just changing the angle of the front of the load. If you can lift the front of the load even just an inch or so you will make headway...just as he did.

japcas
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Not more torque, just changing the angle of the front of the load. If you can lift the front of the load even just an inch or so you will make headway...just as he did.

If you don't burn the clutch out in the process.:D

Tony Ennis
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
There's probably all manner of Soviet tanks sitting around. They can hack a piece off and make a new one!

SpyGuy
01-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Why the criticisms? The guy did a great job working that tractor!

deeman
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
He did a great job driving,but he should of been under a tent while doing it.

Your Old Dog
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
If there's a darwin award nominee it would be the guy milling around in front of the tractor with the camera. Had one link failed on the tractor he would have been snuffed out and likely ruined his video.

2ManyHobbies
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
That's the squash the guy with the camera contest. The object is clearly to spend the most time in the shadow of the machinery without getting ground into the mud.

Big T
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
The problem is that the load is hooked to the top of the 3 pont hitch. When hooked this way, the load tries to pull tractor over backwards.
Hooked to the drawbar, or 3pt drawbar, this wouldnt happen.
A friend was killed like this trying to pull a stuck center pivot out. Hooked up to high, flipped the tractor on to him.

Richard-TX
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
A friend was killed like this trying to pull a stuck center pivot out. Hooked up to high, flipped the tractor on to him.

More than one person has been killed by having the tractor flip over on him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2891162343410264992#

Mike Burdick
01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Well.... If the tractor was fitted with a proper drawbar - one that fits slightly in front of the back wheels and under the frame - then the tractor can't flip over when pulling a load! Physics!

J Tiers
01-13-2010, 12:20 AM
It DID look as if he was jerking it by lifting, letting out, and catching it again, using the momentum of the engine weight to jerk the logs loose as it came down.

Looked like a tractor pull... There was one guy who won a lot of pulls. The very first thing he did was lift the front about 45 degrees, then got to pulling.

Not sure how he did it, but it was commented that he used his bare feet on the pedals for better sensitivity.

doctor demo
01-13-2010, 01:00 AM
The most dangerious thing You can do other than running over yourself by starting a tractor while standing on the ground next to it is to use one that does not have a rops.

Steve

ptjw7uk
01-13-2010, 05:28 AM
I one drove a tractor that was fitted with a rear hydraulic winch for cable pulling, to increase its weight the rear tyres wer half filled with water. On the road any kind of acceleration would cause the front wheels to lift and whoa no steering, boy was I glad to get off!

Peter

JanvanSaane
01-13-2010, 07:42 PM
I used to run an 8N Ford on my property, In 3rd gear from a dead stop would jerk the front wheels about a foot off the ground with the brush hog on the 3 point. Reverse was too high geared to back up one steep incline so I would drive it up forward and use the left or right brake to keep it straight. One day I was a little slow on the right brake and it ended up facing downhill in about 2 milliseconds, fortunately rubber side down. I now own a small tractor with ROPS. John

madman
01-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Well no wonder it was so hard to get NATO to talk sense to them. I tell you i know a few of them and STUBBORN???? i d rather deal with a retarded MULE.

Jamoni
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
That looks much safer and easier than just pulling fewer logs.

rgbai
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
how about a musical tractor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDHzK3Xe7Yw

lynnl
01-14-2010, 09:25 AM
What's a ROPS?

Willy
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
"ROPS" is an acronym for roll over protective structure.

sch
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I have done that when I was clearing out stumps from a field. Used
a boom pole and some stumps would stay on the ground as the front
end of the tractor reared up. Never did it deliberately, and as I was
on level ground I could usually just drag the recalcitrant stump to the
burn pile.

For an anal pucker of another type, www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqDyrZfJpI

kendall
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
that train bridge is nothing to fear.
We used to live on the river, the road bridge was about 12 miles away, but a rail bridge was only 3/4 mile away. for a quick run to town it was much faster to go that way. Trucks could do it, but cars couldn't because you had to straddle one rail, and most cars didn't have the clearance.

If you were in a real hurry, a couple of homeowners had rigged up a cable car system, jump in and crank yourself across. Was about 15ft above the water at it's lowest point. It wasn't uncommon to see someone with low upper body strength to get stuck in the middle where you had to start pulling yourself 'uphill'. To give people a hard time we would often start pulling as hard as we could on the cable, then let it go quick and watch the car start swaying hard.
Last I heard the state forced it's removal citing clearance issues with boat traffic, I always figured it was odd that 15ft overhead clearance would be an issue for a 3ft deep river.

Ken.

bill707
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM

Mike Burdick
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM

bill707,

I guess the tractor was auditioning for "American Idle"!;)

wierdscience
01-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I have done that when I was clearing out stumps from a field. Used
a boom pole and some stumps would stay on the ground as the front
end of the tractor reared up. Never did it deliberately, and as I was
on level ground I could usually just drag the recalcitrant stump to the
burn pile.

For an anal pucker of another type, www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqDyrZfJpI

Ha,my luck I would get all most all the way across,and then there would be a big hole and I would have to back up the way I came:D

JanvanSaane
01-16-2010, 07:49 AM
My grandfather immigrated to the US in the early 1900s at age 16 from Croatia. After watching the video it has become painfully obvious why my grandmother would not let him buy a car. :D , John

oil mac
01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I went up to the local authority amenity dump this afternoon, and by co-incidence, there was one of our immigrant central european gents &his daughter, with a small trailer unloading large lumps of rubble, (I think they were sub contract gardeners):eek: It looked to me like an operation designed to give the guy a hernia, or damaged back, the way he was wrastling this lump of material off the small trailer, I wondered did it not dawn on him to break it up ?
A great many of these folks - Not all of them, strike me as being "behind the times" As they roll into the U.K. It is called Multiculturalism! Vote of thanks to our government at a time of high unemployment.