PDA

View Full Version : who's set up for machinery moving around Toronto?

Mcgyver
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
anyone near (like an hour or two) Toronto have the necessary equipment to do some machinery moving.....like a tilt/load and forklift or crane truck or even heavy trailer with a gantry? Pm, no, its not about being roped into doing me a favour....more a mutually beneficial opportunity lol

Mcgyver
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
silence. crickets chirping. maybe i should have said free machines? Mosside you out there?

Your Old Dog
01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm game to give you some assistance in Buffalo but I don't have any of the things you mentioned but I dohave an engine lift. I also have a 4x7' utility trailer that I could clear off for you and a pickup to move it all. Could even briefly store in my barn for you.

edited to add:

In use I raised my mill with the engine lift and pushed it all over to the back of the trailer. My lift fits under my trailer and I lower the engine lift to positon the mill in the center of the trailer.

madman
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
What you buy now? i didnt think you had any more room in youre shop

8ntsane
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey Mike
I can give you the number for the guy that moved my lathe and mill a while back. This guy has the truck, but he doesnt have a fork lift. I have had him pick up and drop off the fork lift, so he good for bring the fork lift with him.
Shoot me a PM Ill give you the contact.
Paul

Mcgyver
01-14-2010, 11:14 PM
thanks for the kind offers gents, YOD, you're ever coming this way make sure you plan a visit...

I'll be more forthright with you guys.... it does involve free machines :D at least i think they'll be free, got to work out transportation before i finalize. They're old (but not conehead old), need some work and have surface rust but there's some neat stuff and they are well on this side of worth saving (imo)...I was hoping to get two of them moved to my place in exchange for the rest....and i was hoping to find someone with the moving equipment in-house so its an easy, cheap yes. (avoids guys saying they're in only to back out later when they find out what a truck and forklift are going to cost). after i take the two, there is still a complete machine shop left, albeit older machines with some surface rust

Mikey, no more room, if i get these, i might not fit in the shop, a big guy like you would have to stay outside and shout through the door. One of them would be temporary, for parts, then on its way. I've that tool and cutter grinder in pieces being scraped, everything all set to do around Christmas when my sons home from school (2 man job spotting one casting to another) and he goes and breaks his wrist. with the machine apart there is like zero room. its a disease