PDA

View Full Version : Benchmaster MV1 Horizontal Mill

ERBenoit
01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
The "Cleaning out the shop" thread has some what got me started. I have the above named machine that I acquired > 10 years ago, cleaned it up and NEVER used it.

Since I have another, larger one, a Rockwell, and have never used the Benchmaster, I guess I really don't "need" it. Plus, I can get back valuable floor space.

As it is not as common as say, Bridgeport on the Craigslist, e-bay etc., Any ideas as to what it might be worth?

I could suspect some of the reasons why "for sale" is not allowed here, though sometimes I wish it was.

JCHannum
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
The Benchmaster is a neat little machine and quite capable. It came in several variations, horizontal and with a vertical head.

The MV-1 designates a vertical mill, the vertical head might have gone missing, and just the horizontal capability remains. Does the mill have power feed, manual or lever (quick acting) feed? All were available and price will depend on what is fitted.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/benchmaster/index.html

ERBenoit
01-16-2010, 11:11 AM
No power feeds. This is strictly a manual mill. Pretty much bare. The vertical head aparrenty is missing as it wasn't included when "acquisitioned".

MickeyD
01-16-2010, 11:20 AM
They really look a lot like a scaled up version of my Pratt & Whitney #3. Despite being small, it can actually take a real cut. If it is in good condition I would keep it and find something to use it for.

JCHannum
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
The Benchmaster is a real machine, but the fact that it hasn't seen any use since a Rockwell mill is available pretty much says it all. I had a Benchmaster with a vertical head and used it quite a bit. I traded it as partial payment for my Rockwell mill though and have not regretted doing that.

In good condition a price between $300 & $700 would be reasonable depending on the area. It might not do too well on Craigs List unless someone in the area knows what it is and has a need. That is the problem with CL, you are restricted in area. You might consider listing it on the PM site.

RB211
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
You are in CT, use the bargain news, forget craigslist.
If I was in CT still, I would take it off your hands almost immediately.

Bmxdani
03-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Are u willing to sell it in parts and send them via ups

ksierens
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
So did you ever sell your Benchmaster?