PDA

View Full Version : alloris copys

quasi
10-21-2003, 04:20 PM
There are 2 types of chineze alloris tool post copys, the piston type and the wedge type. Do they take the same holders in the same size range? I.E. will a axa piston and a axa wedge tool post take the same holder?

Also, did/does alloris make a piston type tool post or just the wedge type?

SGW
10-21-2003, 05:13 PM
As far as I know, subject to correction by the more enlighened members of this board, the toolholders are the same for either type, and I'm pretty sure Aloris makes both types.

Joel
10-21-2003, 05:22 PM
1) Yes, they are interchangeable.
2) I don't know. I have never seen an Aloris piston type, but I’d be surprised if they didn't make one. Check it out on the web.
The wedges are more repeatable, but my piston style kicks butt.

ARFF79
10-21-2003, 09:05 PM
I have never seen a piston post for the AXA size, but all of the other sizes come in both styles of tool posts. The piston type is the older style and is not as ridged as the dovetail wedge type. The holders are a little different as well. I can fit a CA holder on my CXA post, but I can not fit a CXA holder on my CA post. I think that the dovetail dimensions are a little different but I never bothered to measure them. On the piston style posts you have to watch for wear in the piston's face and on the tool holder contact surface. I have 2 holders that I can only use on one side of the post and 2 that can only be used on my CXA post as they will not lock up without a shim. I wonder if they can be resufaced and reground to return to spec.

Thrud
10-23-2003, 02:48 AM
http://www.aloris.com/