• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorworks
    • May 2002

O/T a nice place

Great place to visit
    Throughout this land, for thousands of years, it's been said that everything has a spirit. Not surprisingly, it's where you might find your own. Ancient Land...
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/
  • beanbag
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by motorworks
    With all that contrast and saturation enhancement, it looks better than real life.

Comment

• ulav8r
      • Oct 2002

Can't check it out. The site tells me it doesn't support my browser, IE6. What is the easiest/best free browser for use with Windows 2000 Pro?
      North Central Arkansas

Comment

• .RC.
        • Aug 2004

I think our tourism promotional ads are better

Precision takes time.

Comment

• tryfred
          • Jul 2005

I was on one of the many airline flights diverted to Gander, Newfoundland on 911… There were thousands of us who arrived within hours to an airport that was accustomed to seeing hundreds of people...the hospitality encountered there was absolutely astounding. We spent several nights at a Church where parishioners brought us food, bedding and pillows from their homes. I had the first moose chili in my life. I’ll be back there again someday as a tourist …but nothing will ever be like the experience I had that September day…

Joe

Comment

• Your Old Dog
            • Dec 2004

Looks like they are trying to appeal to families with very young children who enjoy mountain climbing! Can't be many of that type of family around so I'll be surprised if their ad works. I look at the ad with my COPD/emphyzema meds on the table beside me and I wish I had a pilots liscense, that's the only way I'd be able to experiance that view !
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• Your Old Dog
              • Dec 2004

Looks like they are trying to appeal to families with very young children who enjoy mountain climbing! Can't be many of that type of family around so I'll be surprised if their ad works. I look at the ad with my COPD/emphyzema meds on the table beside me and I wish I had a pilots liscense, that's the only way I'd be able to experiance that view ! Should have lived harder and faster when I was younger. Let that be a lesson to you young bucks out there.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• PixMan
                • Sep 2009

I wouldn't go there. No roads, no place to park, no restaurants, no hotels, no sandy beaches, no drinks with umbrellas in them...

Comment

• Mcgyver
                  • Mar 2005

I've done the drive across the Rock, but haven't been to Labrador. The Newf's are great, maybe the nicest and most hospitable people you'll ever encounter but you may need a translator of the urban (such that they are) areas.

I remember being there years ago, out in the boonies and was told about a guy who welds wood stoves of a particularly innovative design, a subject that interested me at the time. So I got directions and dropped in and comically we just could not understand each other. On a government for we'd both be checking the "English" box but thats the only thing the two languages had in commom

I don't know if he understood me, I certainly didn't him, but he got that i was appreciative of his work and spent an hour via sign language and demonstration showing me all about what a does.

The scenery, while maybe contrast and saturation enhanced is pretty darn close to that, wear polarized glasses and you'll think you're in the video. Tp Pix's point, the downstroke is getting a good meal out side of St Johns, which btw is the oldest city in North America and its not very warm.

I'd encourage anyone to visit
                  Last edited by Mcgyver; 01-21-2010, 10:08 AM.
                  located in Toronto Ontario

Comment

• peyton
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ulav8r
                    Can't check it out. The site tells me it doesn't support my browser, IE6. What is the easiest/best free browser for use with Windows 2000 Pro?
                    Try Firefox. www.mozilla.com/firefox/

good luck.

peyton

Comment

• deeman
                      • Mar 2004

Heave Away by the Fables set to pictures from the Trinity Bight area of Newfoundland. Lyrics:Come get your duds in order 'cause we're bound to cross the wate...

Wow!!! Great response here!! I simply decided to give a second lesson here because in my first uglystick youtube video, some critics said it was more of a "...

some real serious work

The Prisoners of the SeaArchival film from BroadbandTV, of Newfoundland fishermen plying the cod-rich, yet dangerous Newfoundland waters. Circa 1930s.The har...

Comment

• oil mac
                        • Jun 2007

My sister in law, married a Newfoundlander, I have been over there, The Newfoundlanders, are the most hospitable &friendliest of people, On the Burin peninsula some of the towns are most picturesque, Grand Bank, is nice with a very pleasant fishing museum, in which is displayed some extremely fine boat models, and also a full size Fairbanks Morse Oil engine from a large trawler, Also Burin is really pleasant
                        St Johns is worth a look , good hotels & the railway museum, plus signal tower, with its memorabilia from Marconis experiments, Also Cape spear

Comment

• motorworks
                          • May 2002

Thanks
                          My home Province
                          It's different, but so are the people
                          But sometimes different is good
                          please visit my webpage:
                          http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

• steve45
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ulav8r
                            I just viewed it with IE6. It says that support is being phased out, but it still works as of 1/21.

You can download later versions of IE.

Comment

• quasi
                              • Jun 2003

If you go there, don't eat the Seal Flipper pie.

Comment

Working...
                              X