X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linx
    • Jan 2010

Standard Modern 9"

I just purchaced a used lathe and noticed i am able to move the cross feed if i use a little force.upon inspection it appears the acme screw and nut are worn. I was wondering if any one could tell me how to remove the screw. i removed the dials and the nut but the screw appearas pressed in any help would be appreciated thanks.
  • linx
    • Jan 2010

got it

I found it there is a set screw under the bushing once removed it comes straight out.

Comment

• Duffy
      • Jul 2007

Standard Modern

Leblonde carrys parts for SM, but brace yourself for the cost of that screw and nut. On close inspection, you may find that it is the nut that has most of the wear. With guidance from Evan, I successfully made a new nut from Delrin, and got a replacement screw from Keystone Threaded Industries?, (Products?) This was a MUCH more economical, (and instructive,) solution.
      Welcome to the forum, by the way. Duffy
      Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

• linx
        • Jan 2010

Brass nut

Thanks, After checking it turned out to be the brass nut that is worn. I lucked out and found some one with an acme tap to make one for me. Thanks again

Comment

• legendboy
          • Aug 2009

They are a great lathe. Mine cross slide nut is a bit worn, however it doesn't really have any negative effect on operation.

Here is a pic of mine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

Working...
          X