PDA

View Full Version : Shars and Discount Machine any info?

oddball racing
01-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I have read here that Shars E-bay leg of their business is A.K.A.DiscountMachine. Is this really true or is Shars sort of a import brand name that gets distributed about to other suppliers?
The reason I ask is that I thought I could buy some 3C collets from Shars(dot)com directly instead of through Flea bay and I found they don't stock any 3C collets on their website, whereas DiscountMachine e-bay advertised photos cleary show the Shars Logo all over them. Any opinions here on this? Or any sugesstions for Vendors of 3C collets?

Thanks, Mike

Pherdie
01-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I have a Shars catalog, it includes 3C collets @ $5.24 each for round and $6.00 each for hex. PM me know if you want specific part numbers for a given size/type.

The catalog came with my discount_machine order, last week.......

Fred

v860rich
01-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Shars and Discount Machine are the same place.
Try http://www.tools4cheap.net/products.php?cat=8 for 3c collets.

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

whitis
01-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Just search "3C collet" on their web site. No plural or you will come up empty. But you can leave the "c" off the word "collet" and it will still work. "Collet" contains "ollet" but not "collets". "collet 3C" also fails.

Individual collets only, no sets.

JoeLee
01-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Shars is chineese crap and discount machine ripped me a few years ago. They have changed user names several times in the past few years.

JL...............

hardtail
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM
My problem with Discount Machine is the absolutely ridiculous shipping rates that go along with a seemingly normal purchase..........frown....... Ben Dover wearz the vasoline............