PDA

View Full Version : CBN tool grinder wheels?

wierdscience
02-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Anyone found a decent source for CBN wheels to fit the Baldor/Grizzly/HF toolgrinders? Preferably one that isn't $$$.00+

Black_Moons
02-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I know KBCtools (canada/usa) has some cheap chinese wheels at like $100~160 depending on grit/consentration/size/etc. (Warning, Chinese imports at KBCtools can be the same quality you would expect from harbor freight, I do have one of these wheels in diamond and its not bad from what little I know of wheels however)

Theres also ebay ones.. but when I looked, the only cheap seller had like 97% feedback and I never buy from anyone below 98% and rarely from anyone below 99.5%

Pherdie
02-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Theres also ebay ones.. but when I looked, the only cheap seller had like 97% feedback and I never buy from anyone below 98% and rarely from anyone below 99.5%

I was one of those 3%ers.... My worst (and only) bad experience on E-Bay. I was forewarned by another forum member, but foolishly took a chance. Shame on me.

Shars has CBN wheels in their catalog also, probably Chinese too. The Shars' wheels appear to be absolutely identical to the one I got from the above E-Bay source.

Fred

wierdscience
02-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks for that,I had seen the KBC wheels,$128,not so bad,but the last time I tried to order they were out.

Didn't think of Shars,they have some listed in the $70-100 range,but the page also says "good for carbide grinding",hmmm,better call and ask first if they really are CBN.

Black_Moons
02-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Well thats one thing I could never get a straight awnser on

CBN is 'second hardest blah blah blah', Now if its second hardest and diamond is hardest id assume carbide is 3rd.. Or lower, And it technicaly should work.. to some degree... How much that degree is however, I could'nt get an awnser on.