PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 4003 Lathe Dimensions

KINGWELD
02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Help, please. I need the dimensions for the dovetail(point to point) on the saddle for the cross slide and the I.D. between the ways on the bed for the tail stock. The reason is that I have a Enco look alike that needs parts. Forget Enco, all they can say is better to buy new lathe. On the other hand, Grizzly has the cross slide in stock(78$) and if the dimensions match what I have, we have a shot at getting this basket case up and running. Thanks to all for your help. Jim:)

mechanicalmagic
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
OK, the dimension to the outside tips on my G4003 cross slide V ways 2.788". NOTE: These are NOT sharp, probably rounded off by a 6 year old, using an old brick.

Then I measured the V ways using .2503 dowel pins, set into the dovetail. The measurement over the dowel pins was 3.026".

As for the measurement between the side of the flat, and the SIDE of the inverted V, that's 3.019".

DJ

rolland
02-01-2010, 11:13 PM
My lathe measures 77.06mm on the cross slide dovetail and 77.80 mm between the ways
hope this helps.

KINGWELD
02-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Mechancalmagic, Thank you for taking the time to measure your lathe for me. So far the cross slide is the same. Now I've some ordering to do first thing in the morning. Again thank You and do have a great week. Jim:)

KINGWELD
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Mechancalmagic, Thank you for taking the time to measure your lathe for me. So far the cross slide is the same. Now I've some ordering to do first thing in the morning. Again thank You and do have a great week. Jim:) rolland, Yes it does and thank you for your time and have a great week. Jim