View Full Version : OT: I want one!

wierdscience
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I want one of these so bad I can taste it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GOPuGmcHH0&feature=channel

I can think of all sorts of stuff I need to make smaller:D

Carld
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Yep, they are mean machines. I used to sharpen the discs for the ones that chop up tires. The city ran out of money to chop the tires and the maintenance man quit bringing them around.

gnm109
03-01-2010, 11:56 PM
It sure took a long time to shred that mower. It was a good one.

tyrone shewlaces
03-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Yea that took entirely too long to shred that piddly little lawnmower. And afterward there was a perfectly usable crank and cylinder left :D

But seriously, that should have taken much less time dealing with that thing.
Not that I'd want to jump in and start stompin' to help it along, but still....

Willy
03-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I've got one down the road from me!
Cute little thing about 34, she can probably destroy a riding lawnmower or anything with wheels, just as fast, probably a little faster if she's mad.:)

SpyGuy
03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Do you think Congress will fit down the chute? :rolleyes:

Your Old Dog
03-02-2010, 06:17 AM
It sure took a long time to shred that mower. It was a good one.

I agree. I thought that was the point of the thread! That mower put up one hell of a fight :D

Really, the best way to get rid of that kind of stuff is to simply put it along side the house with a little bit of light spilling onto it so it can be seen from the road and a sign that says "Runs Great $600.00". Give it a few days. If you want to watch it leaving, wipe the grease off the axels so you can hear it as it squeaks across the yard in the middle of the night.

MrDan
03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
They just put a new one in down the road from me. I got the full tour as we were working with the owners to sell them a loader. It will eat a full size bus and is rated up to 6000hp with a 100% torque rise so this shredder can run 12000hp. They were running a piddly 2000hp with a 50% torque rise. There were two DC train drive motors at 1000hp each driving it. The drive shaft for this thing was about a foot across (I didn't have my dial calipers yet so I'm guessing. :)

Dawai
03-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Well... set a tractor trailer up.. this rig in the bottom, A LARGE sign..

FREE lunch for all Chia Gurerra supporters..
As they step into the diner, they fill the tray with scrumptious food.. as they step into the dining area.. someone takes the tray, and they slide down a chute into one of these..

Free lunch, our society benefits.

Deja Vu
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Other than the fun watching the shredder, it was painfull watching that salvageable axle/transmission go to hell relatively quickly..:(

Paul Alciatore
03-02-2010, 02:24 PM

If not, I would happily volunteer to make a bigger one for free.

xeddog
03-03-2010, 01:43 AM

Would you really wanna mess the thing up with all that bull$#@$ ?

xeddog

macona
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM
SSI is here in Oregon. I did a service call there once. Some big tools in there, HBM, big cnc lathes, slotters, you name it. They make all their gears in house.