PDA

View Full Version : OT: Another browser question

beanbag
03-02-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm on sandvik's web site:
http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/

On the left side, I click "find product data", but in the metric vs inch menu, I can't select inch (the screen flashes, but goes back to metric). This works in neither IE nor firefox (I have all the script blocking stuff turned off). It only works in Safari on my Mac.

Bmyers
03-02-2010, 06:54 AM
i dont know, works in Firefox on my mac

winchman
03-02-2010, 07:49 AM
My computer with XP does the same as beanbag's on both Firefox and IE, but works OK with Chrome.

jackary
03-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Don't know why either but it works for me on Firefox ver. 3.5.8 & XP
Alan

SGW
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Seems to work for me with Firefox under W2000. Do have scripts disabled in your browser, maybe?

Barrington
03-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Using Firefox - site doesn't work unless you accept third party cookies:-

Tools / Options / Privacy - Check: 'Accept third-party cookies'

Cheers

Carld
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
works for me with XP pro and google chrome.

beanbag
03-02-2010, 07:11 PM
This is bullcrap. Suddenly the site now works on both Firefox and IE, and I didn't even make any changes.

Michael Edwards
03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Hmmm... No workie here.... XP and IE :confused:

ME

dp
03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm on sandvik's web site:
http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/

On the left side, I click "find product data", but in the metric vs inch menu, I can't select inch (the screen flashes, but goes back to metric). This works in neither IE nor firefox (I have all the script blocking stuff turned off). It only works in Safari on my Mac.

That is implemented as a javascript event (mouse click on radio button). That causes the contents of the lower left and lower right frames to be replaced with the metric/imperial version of the frame content. The document name does not change so it may be confusing cache management. If you are using a web accelerator it can exasperate that. And while technically it is not a pop-up, badly written pop-up blockers could be fooled by this.

It's a lot of 90's/early 2000's technology for a modern web page.

Barrington
03-03-2010, 05:07 AM
I can only repeat... - in Firefox, it works if third-party cookies are enabled, and doesn't work if they are not...

The cookie in question is:-

coroguide.coromant.sandvik.com

and contains (e.g.) :-

measure=inch&lang=ENG

Cheers !