PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Sensitive Drill Press

Too_Many_Tools
03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
I have access to several of the Hamilton sensitive drill presses.

Here is a link to one type....

http://www.kitmondo.com/images/listing/6659%20Hamilton%20right.jpg

The drill press is a good study press.

Where does one find manuals for this drill press and a brochure showing the different models and accessories that Hamilton offered?

Also where does one find replcements for small flat belts like this drill press uses?

Finally, any suggestions for a x-y table for it?

Thanks

st44109
03-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Another member on this site e-mailed me a parts list for this drill press. I can send you a copy if you PM me your e-mail. The only other info I found was on E-bay. It was some ads that they use to run. Search under Hamilton drill and you should find them. I haven't found a source for parts yet as I need the drive cone thats on the motor, I think I'm going to try to make one. You might be able to get a drive belt from a supplier of v-belts in your area. Good luck, Scot

Too_Many_Tools
03-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the offer.

You may want to consider converting the drill press over to a direct drive with a VFD if the cone drive remake falls through.

I am quite surprised that there is not more info on this drill press...it is a very good small drill press.

If anyone else has a manual or brochure showing the various offerings of the Hamilton company, I would love to see it.

Thanks

TMT

rklopp
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I've got one of those. I got new belts from McMaster. My cone drive slips at high speeds, so one of these years I'll ditch the cone for a direct drive/VFD setup. As to parts? Cannot help you there, other than to say that I made some new ones for mine, probably better than new. I hade a feed shaft and its bearing housing.

Mine needs a couple of angular contact bearings replaced, but new ones cost more than the machine is worth. I suppose if I stared at eBay long enough some cheap ones would appear. I've got bigger fish to fry.

richardm
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi

It is a couple of years later now, but did anyone find an operator's manual or parts list for this drill?

jumpinjoe
01-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I recently purchased one. Needs referb but other wise appears to work reasonably well. Looking for any info (manual disassembly instructions etc).

lakeside53
01-16-2014, 09:09 PM
I have a pdf of parts lists etc for the Hamilton Varimatic.

If this is your model PM me with your email address.

Where are you located?

KJ1I
01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
I have a Phase II X-Y table on my drill press. I got it from Enco on sale and I'm very happy with it.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=434&PARTPG=INLMK3&PMITEM=891-4153