PDA

View Full Version : 4 used Bridgeports

Bill Hood
10-30-2003, 08:46 PM
I am going to look at 4 BP's that an individual got by bid from the plant he works at. They went to newer machines.There are 2 48" J head belt change with DRO and two variable speed 48" with DRO. All 4 have Kurt swivil vice, R8 spindle and clamps. The price is $3K for J heads and $3500 for VS's.
I know this individual and feel like he is presenting the mills as they are. Is this in the ball park? I have looked at some trashy BP's with humpbacked tables and lots of "peter" tracks on them for close to this money. BTW they are near Henderson TX if anyone else is interested, I will email the phone number. Thanks Bill

Paul Gauthier
10-31-2003, 07:38 AM
Bill,

The Kurt vises and DRO's are certainly a plus. Pay attention to things like way condition, backlash in the screws, noisy motor bearings, spindle movement from side to side and up and down. In the vari-speeds pay particular attention to the movable half of the motor pulley, looseness, (by looseness I mean wobble,) here can be an indicator of worn bushings, they are plastic, if very loose it may have worn into the pulley id and will be very noisy when running as a result. Not a good thing.
I think $3000.00 to $3500.00 is top money and condition should reflect that. Here in the N'east if you see them for that much they should be, as Mary Poppins once said, "practicaly perfect in every way".

------------------
Paul G.

billr
10-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Bill Hood,

good morning.

i am not far from you. palestine. don't need a mill right now, but would be interested in finding a universal dividing head [cheap, if possible] and some other misc. tooling.

i know that this is kind of a long shot, but if you know of anything, could you please send me some email? i would be ever so appreciative.

thanks.

peace.
bill

Traceman
11-03-2003, 10:04 PM
I am interested if they are in real good condition. I am in Houston so it will be a little bit of a drive for me.

Let me know how they turn out and exactly whats included.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill Hood:
I am going to look at 4 BP's that an individual got by bid from the plant he works at. They went to newer machines.There are 2 48" J head belt change with DRO and two variable speed 48" with DRO. All 4 have Kurt swivil vice, R8 spindle and clamps. The price is $3K for J heads and $3500 for VS's.
I know this individual and feel like he is presenting the mills as they are. Is this in the ball park? I have looked at some trashy BP's with humpbacked tables and lots of "peter" tracks on them for close to this money. BTW they are near Henderson TX if anyone else is interested, I will email the phone number. Thanks Bill</font>