PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G4027 Milling Machine

doubleeboy
10-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Greeting all

I am interested in buying a bigger mill. I have been looking at used Bridgports and find most of them beat or very expensive. The Grizzly 4027 which is made in Tiawan looks intesting. Appears to be the same mill with different motor that Birmingham sells. Does anyone here own one? I sure would like to hear some personal experience before I decide.

Thanks for the input

doubleeboy

tenfingers
10-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Don't own one, but I wish I did. Check this out.

http://www.docsmachine.com/machineshop/newmill1.html

10F

doubleeboy
11-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the tip 10F. I have checked Doc's website out and written him, hoping for an update on how he likes the mill after a period of time. So far no response, but he sounds like a busy fella.

All the best
Doubleeboy

Oso
11-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Gosh the "scraping" looks terrible on Doc's machine.

All done one direction, so it should be kinda hill and valley. I'd like to see the blue spotting pattern from that.....ouch.

NSDesign
11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
I have a G4027 and have been using it for hobby machining for about a year and a half. Overall, I have few complaints. As one might expect, it ain't no bridgeport. If I made my living with machine tools I would have made a different decision, but given what I ask of it, I can't complain. If you want to talk first hand I can email you my phone number.

Good luck,
Alan