PDA

View Full Version : Need bed wiper for Logan lathe

squirrel
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
If any one would be willing to let me borrow one wiper, assuming all 4 are identical I will send a couple of sets of new felt wipers when the dies are finished in exchage for using yours for a template(yours will be returned). Preferably the wiper and holder with a pretty decent felt. Please include the model of Logan lathe, swing and approximate age. PM me for the address.

J Tiers
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
They are

1) available from Logan

2) not really complex...... but there are two types, one for the V and one for the flat way. One size fits both places that each fits.

I got felt from Small Parts Inc, because I didn't like the Logan synthetic material.... Easily cut, also made tailstock wiper holders (by milling) and felts, the carriage holders were already present and I just cut felt for them.

Raw felt isn't so solid..... I'd consider bonding the felt with some (very) diluted varnish etc, to prevent it fraying... hard to get really good felt anymore. I'll probably try that next time.

squirrel
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
They are

1) available from Logan

2) not really complex...... but there are two types, one for the V and one for the flat way. One size fits both places that each fits.

I got felt from Small Parts Inc, because I didn't like the Logan synthetic material.... Easily cut, also made tailstock wiper holders (by milling) and felts, the carriage holders were already present and I just cut felt for them.

Raw felt isn't so solid..... I'd consider bonding the felt with some (very) diluted varnish etc, to prevent it fraying... hard to get really good felt anymore. I'll probably try that next time.
I did not know that Logan was still around, I assumed they hit the dirt along time ago. Thank you for the info.

gambler
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I did not know that Logan was still around, I assumed they hit the dirt along time ago. Thank you for the info.

http://www.loganact.com/

good service from them.