PDA

View Full Version : OT: Painted my dumpster

Evan
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
We live well out of town and have no regular garbage service so for many years we have rented a Dumpster and have it dumped every couple of months and a bit more often in summer. It is (was) a butt ugly light grey colour and stood out like a sore thumb. The truck that dumps it must weigh 30 tons from the ruts it leaves in the spring so I decided to move the Dumpster where that wouldn't be so much a problem. The trouble with that is it makes it even more visible when you drive up our driveway.

So, I called the disposal office and asked if it was OK for me to paint it. This brought a very definitive ??????? from the office manager. I explained it needed paint anyway as we have had it for a couple of decades and that either way they would have to paint it if they take it back.

She decided that was reasonable and gave me permission to paint it any way I want.

I should have taken a before picture but just imagine how it would look in bright light grey. This is a bit better I think.

http://ixian.ca/pics7/dumpster2.jpg

http://ixian.ca/pics7/dumpster1.jpg

MuellerNick
04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I already hear the driver say: "Nice job, but why the **** do I have to place it exactly here?"

Nick

Black_Moons
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice, Now you can yell at the garbage man not to ding the paint job with the forks :)

But very cool, if you squint it kinda fades away! Another 20~40 years and you'll need glasses just to know its there...

uncle pete
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Evan,
LOL, Very clever, You may want to keep an eye on that and see if the squirrles try and climb it. Plus you'll have to paint the back round white in the winter.

Pete

Tony Ennis
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
haha very nice.

bborr01
04-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Nice job, Evan.

I'll add that to the list with "nobody ever washes a rental car".

Except me that is.

When I rent a car in Vegas and then drive it around i the desert, I need to get a car wash just to see out the windows.;)

I don't think I will be painting my dumpster any time soon though. It is made of plastic and would probably take some kind of pricey additive to get the paint to stick.

I am also guessing that if the driver don't put it in the right place, Evan will move it or put tracks for the truck to drive on or something like that.

Brian

Doc Nickel
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Nicely done! It'll look a bit out of place in the winter, but hey... :D

Doc.

doctor demo
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I'll add that to the list with "nobody ever washes a rental car".

Except me that is.

When I rent a car in Vegas and then drive it around i the desert, I need to get a car wash just to see out the windows.;)

Brian
Brian rents a car, drives around in desert outside of Vegas, then washes it . Do You vacuum out the trunk too ? You do know what the desert around Vegas is known for right?
I see Your location is Michigan, do You know any ''fellas'' from Chicago?:eek:

Name Withheld:D

Weston Bye
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
...and the dumpster never got emptied ever again. The driver claimed he couldn't find it...

John Stevenson
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I bet that will blunt your chain saw blade :D

Weston Bye
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Local Eccentric Perfects Cloaking Device
Williams Lake BC-
Authorities are releasing little information as investigations continue following the release of photos of deployment of an early version of an electronic camouflage device, also known as a cloaking device. Large numbers of government authorities were seen arriving at the home of Evan Williams of Williams Lake in the early hours of the morning, and several flatbed trucks, apparently heavily loaded but appearing to carry no cargo were seen leaving the property. In addition, photographic anomalies in the vicinity of Williams’ home on Google Earth and Mapquest were reported. Williams, now retired, previously owned a computer sales and service shop in Williams Lake where he was regarded as generally agreeable but occasionally mildly cranky. Since retiring, he was known to spend his time creating new and unusual devices. Weird lights and other phenomenon have been reported in the vicinity of his property.

John Stevenson
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Hey Evan, there's another one in the background to the right.

Evan
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
No, no. That's a storage shed. It only looks like a dumpster inside. :D

clutch
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm waiting for pictures of Evan's propane pig.

Clutch

John Stevenson
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm waiting for pictures of Evan's propane pig.

Clutch

It's poorly, it's got swine flu............

Evan
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
We have natural gas service out here thanks to a government program years ago to bring gas service to the outback. No propane piggy.

saltmine
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
You should have painted some windows on the side of it, Evan. Then people would think your second car was a Toyota Scion.

clutch
04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
We have natural gas service out here thanks to a government program years ago to bring gas service to the outback. No propane piggy.

No Cellular service and Natural Gas. I guess you Canadians favor heating over texting your neighbors. ;)

Clutch