PDA

View Full Version : single point rip fence for tablesaw

spinrow
02-22-2002, 06:46 PM
I am looking to make a single point clamping rip fence for my sears 10" tablesaw. My saw is outside in the garage and it takes so long to set the fence I'm getting frost bite(no heat). Would appreciate your help. Thanks Paul

rmatel
02-22-2002, 07:24 PM
I bought an Accusquare for my 30 yr old 10" Craftsman and like it a lot; also use it for my router table. If you can find someone in your area so that you can look at one, it would be easy to make ( if you can get or substitute for the extrusions)

http://www.mulecab.com/

mikem
02-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey Paul:
American Woodworker had a great rip fence in an issue a few years back and I built one and love it. In general, it uses a 1" square tube for the rail across the front of your saw and a 1" by 3" aluminum tube for the fence itself. THere is a .25 inch by 3 by 8" plate attached to the fence and it clamps onto the rail with a destaco clamp against two socket head screws. It would take me a day to find my copy but I bet that Am Woodworker has back issues.--Mike.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spinrow:
I am looking to make a single point clamping rip fence for my sears 10" tablesaw. My saw is outside in the garage and it takes so long to set the fence I'm getting frost bite(no heat). Would appreciate your help. Thanks Paul</font>

mikem
02-26-2002, 12:30 AM
My memory isn't perfect. It wasn't American Woodworker after all. Just stumbled onto the article in Fine Woodworking in December 94 issue #109 page 88 to 90. I made a few changes that I thought were improvements. I could make a photocopy for you if you don't get FW. Thanks--Mike.

Andrew
02-27-2002, 08:56 PM
look at the biesemeyer design, it's dead simple, and very accurate.