PDA

View Full Version : ebay check box - search within description gone

aboard_epsilon
04-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Anyone else have the above ..

cant find anything i want now .only searches the top line title.

all the best.markj

crrmeyer
04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Still looks like it is there under advanced search.

http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/

aboard_epsilon
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Still looks like it is there under advanced search.

http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/

Hmmm well , i have even more advantage then, of finding things other people cant then ..now youve told me that
....pity the sellers who dont put everything on the top line ...or searchers who dont know about this .

its only happend in the last two days

thanks

all the best.markj

Mark K
04-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Also, within a page of search results, look under the green 'search' button, to find the check box for including the description.

Every day's a new day with ebay.

Mark

clutch
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Ebay must have learned the art of maintaining a user interface from Microsoft. :(

Clutch

psomero
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM
ebay needs to quit changing the whole damn site every other day. i completely gave up on them for selling stuff and don't have the patience to relearn how to search every time i want to buy something...

ADGO_Racing
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I gave up on them about two or so years ago. For selling I started using a place called Gozbay.com. I also use bonanzle and now Upillar. I do still buy on Ebay (occasionally). But seems that more and more stuff is moving to these other sites.

Don't just limit your searches to Ebay, check out those other sites.

aboard_epsilon
04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Also, within a page of search results, look under the green 'search' button, to find the check box for including the description.

Every day's a new day with ebay.

Mark

not on the uk one

its been chopped off with an ebay buyer protection advert

example

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=ALTERNATOR&_sacat=See-All-Categories

all the best.markj

ADGO_Racing
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
It is still there, you need to initially search for something like "Lathe" then after the initial search it shows the little box to check under the search button. So, just check it and click search again...

aboard_epsilon
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
It is still there, you need to initially search for something like "Lathe" then after the initial search it shows the little box to check under the search button. So, just check it and click search again...

doesnt ...tried this afternoon all sorts of things to bring it up

aboard_epsilon
04-22-2010, 05:13 PM
hang on a min

it does, but only when i reduce the page magnifier to 75%

so its being obscured by that advert on uk ebay

all the best.markj

ADGO_Racing
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
doesnt ...tried this afternoon all sorts of things to bring it up

Would appear that no two people are able to obtain the same results....Now thats a cool new trick on Ebays part!:eek:

Does it really supprise anyone?