X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wtrueman
    • Mar 2008

OT Maui visit for May

Hi all: Am going to be on Maui for month of May any suggestions for must sees or must do's re metal craft or car spots? Wayne.
  • dp
    • Mar 2005

I'll be there in June but I'm interested in the Ki ho`alu festival (slack key guitar) June 27. Also swapped some emails with Leokane Pryor, the vocalist on my shaper video and hope to bump into him in Hana. Then it's a tour of the Maui uplands, Lahaina, and maybe some snorkeling.

Metal, working, and mainland hobbies are off the radar! But if some metal working locals like to hook with visitors, that would be fun!

Comment

• bewards
      • Oct 2009

Rent a car and drive Hana Hwy (day trip) and Haleakala another day trip
      This special place vibrates with stories of ancient and modern Hawaiian culture and protects the bond between the land and its people. The park also cares for endangered species, some of which exist nowhere else. Come visit this special place - renew your spirit amid stark volcanic landscapes and sub-tropical rain forest with an unforgettable hike through the backcountry.

Helicopter tours are neat but you need to split the cost with another couple.

have fun
      be

Comment

A must see: http://www.nps.gov/archive/usar/ExtendWeb1.html

Comment

• krutch
          • Jan 2010

Arizona memorial is at Pearl Harbor, Oahu island. Maui = different island.
          Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

• cuemaker
            • Nov 2004

Say hi to my parents in Kehai..

I spent 2 weeks there in 2007. Very memorable... The highway that goes around the steep side was closed due to mud slides or rock slides or something. When we rented a car, we were told that we were not allowed to travell on some roads due to conditions.....I forget the penality..

Comment

• DR
              • Jan 2003

The nude beaches down on south Kihei road are always interesting. Go almost to the end of the road, look for lots of cars parked along the roadside.

Comment

• Bill in Ky
                • Mar 2006

Be sure to go to Pearl Harbor for the Arizona Memorial and the battleship Missouri. Rent a bike and coast down the volcano, that was a lot of fun.
                Enjoy your trip!

Comment

• wtrueman
                  • Mar 2008

Hi all: I forgot about the Nudie beach!! I don't think I should put my medium size pale white body near there but have gone further down the road and swam at La Perouse Bay. Nice there. Have done all the above and more and am looking to the Drags apparently scheduled during May. There are some nice cars on the island. As an aside, while coming from the airport at about 12:30 midnight, last May, a bike pulled up beside on the straight stretch (we are at about 65 mph), this guy pulled a wheelie, rode beside us until the stop light, and then left us in a cloud of heifher dust. BTW, I feel sorry because of what we mainlanders have done to property values on the Islands although I'll never be able to do more then visit every once in a while. Any further suggestions, Wayne.

Comment

• madman
                    • Sep 2004

Nudie beach

First the Beach then perhaps some wild boar hunting?

Comment

• murph64
                      • Oct 2006

The only thing I have to add is bring a sweatshirt if you plan on hitting Haleakala The Halloween parade in Lahaina was a hoot...

Still wish I made the time to visit the Arizona when I was there

Andy

Comment

• wtrueman
                        • Mar 2008

Wow, funny you mentioned wild Boar hunting. One of my ex relatives on the Big Isle told me about going. The whole experience looks to be "exciting". You trip or fall in front of one of these and you are dead! He mentioned the undergrowth tunnels these pigs use and how constrained you get on the side hills. On the other side, they taste good after proper Hawaiian prep. Wayne.

Comment

Working...
                        X