X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lynnl
    • Jan 2002

OT - Cordless Phone Batteries

Other than the physical size, and voltage, and possibly the xxx mAh, are there any other parameters that are essential to match up the battery with the cordless phone?

The reason I ask is that I see one Energizer listed by Best Buy, that specifies for Panasonic 5.8 GHz phones.

In fact most of the the batteries specify a particular brand (or brands) of phones, but I'd guess that relates to the physical size.

I have 3 GE phones, all 3 of which will only hold a charge for a few minutes. The batteries are 3.6V, 800 mAh, niMH. There are no other markings that appear to be electrically significant.
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)
  • Benta
    • Jul 2006

"The batteries are 3.6V, 800 mAh, niMH."

In the future, only buy cordless phones (and other portable equipment) that take AA or AAA cells. That will save you a lot of money (compared to strange battery packs) when you need new accus.
    Your original question I can not answer.

Benta.

Comment

• Black_Moons
      • Aug 2009

Besides voltage and Mah, the connector is mildly important.
      Iv had phones that take other phones battery packs.. But the contacts where reversed and fryed the phone instantly.

theres about 50 diffrent connectors (kid you not) that are all slightly diffrent and more or less incompatable, so you basicly have to take your existing battery down and compair it visualy to find the right one, or cut/strip/solder the old connector from the old battery onto the new one
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

• lynnl
        • Jan 2002

Yeah, I forgot about the connectors. They'd have to match too of course.

That's good advice Benta. Unfortunately too late for this problem.
        These phones were purchased by the wife. But I would've not likely given a thought to the batteries at the time of purchase either.
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

• JoeLee
          • Aug 2009

You can buy AA batteries that are tabbed for soldering togather. I make up my own packs for my phones, cordless drills and shaver. Batteries cost about $1 - $2 ea. depending on where you buy them.
          And yes.......... always avoid the phones with the special batteries.

JL...................

Comment

• Your Old Dog
            • Dec 2004

Take one of the phones to Radio Shack and act stupid. The clerk will figure it out for you. Batteries for current model phones are not a problem to find.
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• John Stevenson
              • Mar 2001

It's impossible to buy a cordless phone over here that takes AA's some take 3 AAA's but non last a deal of time.

One AA has twice the life of 2 AAA'sso why do they bother? It's not to sell batteries as they are rechargeable.

Same for those USB MP3 players, impossible to get an AA powered one here, all triple A's but there is enough room inside one to get an AA

To make it worse they charge the same for a pack of AA's as a pack of triple AAA's

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

• h12721
                • Oct 2006

Charger and Battery have to match.
                h12721

Comment

• spope14
                  • Dec 2001

Hate to say it, but take your phone reciever ( hand set) and battery to wally world, staples or radio shack and get a matching unit. Connector, hertz, they have the cross reference right there. You may do better doing this rather than in the "crap shoot" on the internet, for doing it right there and having instant return if needed is priceless. Have been doing this for years with my woreless phone receivers. May cost a couple of bucks more as well, but having it that day and knowing is good as well.

The cross reference is right on the back of the battery package as well for your brand and model.

The "hertz" of the battery is not as important as the voltage and connector. Most batteries have a higher "hertz" rating due to improved life spans and charging times (less) and improvements, but you need to be fairly close.
                  CCBW, MAH

Comment

• dp
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by lynnl
                    I have 3 GE phones, all 3 of which will only hold a charge for a few minutes. The batteries are 3.6V, 800 mAh, niMH. There are no other markings that appear to be electrically significant.
                    I actually just ordered two batteries for two phones. Both 3.6v. The combined price was under $17.00 from an Ebay seller and shipping is included in the price.

The two battery sets are very different even though both say 3.6v, 600AH. The sizes and connectors are completely incompatible. But both have numbers on them that match a lot of vendors on Google.

Comment

• lynnl
                      • Jan 2002

Well I ended up finding the exact same battery (a Sanik ...don't recall the exact model #) from an internet seller. I ordered one, and if it works out, which I see no reason it shouldn't, then I'll get two more.

I just hated to drive into town to hunt around locally. Yeah, I'm lazy.
                      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

• Sportandmiah
                        • Jan 2009

I buy most of my Lipo batteries from eBay. Typically they come directly from China, free shipping, and I save 90% over what Radio Shack charges. It's not the patriotic thing to do I know, but I pinch pennies when I can.

Comment

• Black_Moons
                          • Aug 2009

Don't buy rechargable batterys as 'spares' they will only last a year or two in storage untill they die, especialy without use.
                          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
                          X