PDA

View Full Version : Rant-copying posts

cadwiz
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Ok, I admit I spend most if my time reading instead of posting on this site, I figure I learn more that way, but...

WHY do people feel the need to copy an entire post including pics just to respond with a one line response like "nice job". Jeesh, we know what the subject is, we clicked on the the title post to see the content. Give us a break and just respond without copying the world, we"ll more than likely know what you're talking about.

Sorry, it's been one of those break everything you touch kinda days

Cadwiz

John Stevenson
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok, I admit I spend most if my time reading instead of posting on this site, I figure I learn more that way, but...

WHY do people feel the need to copy an entire post including pics just to respond with a one line response like "nice job". Jeesh, we know what the subject is, we clicked on the the title post to see the content. Give us a break and just respond without copying the world, we"ll more than likely know what you're talking about.

Sorry, it's been one of those break everything you touch kinda days

Cadwiz

I agree...

cadwiz
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Yea John, I figured that was coming. No prob, it just really is a pain scrolling down through three pages of what I just looked at to see "good job". Nice job on the recent gear by the way.

Cadwiz

Bill Pace
05-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree -- have often wondered why that was necessary, in some posts its done 2-3-4, times repeating the same group of pics, etc...

Black_Moons
05-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree, its one thing to leave a ton of text in, but when its 4 large pictures its really annoying, all you had to do was edit out 4 tiny lines..
Anyone wanting to see the pic allready has.
I allways try and edit the 'quote' to only contain what I am replying to.

jugs
05-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree...

I'll disagree, but only to be disagreeable :D

How was the show ?? I didn't make it this year (travel sick on coach, so got off at Llandudno, train back to Bangor, bus back to my car at Menai Bridge, What a bugger!!) :mad: :mad: Speak to you on the phone sometime.
john

clutch
05-08-2010, 05:56 PM

WHY do people feel the need to copy an entire post including pics just to respond with a one line response like "nice job".

Because of the the following.

1. Lazy

2. Barely can get to this site w/o a 9 year kid helping them.

3. It looked smaller when replying.

4. Scrolling doesn't bother them.

5. Normally trim but had a brain fart.

6. They know it p*ss*s you off :D

Clutch

rohart
05-08-2010, 06:14 PM
This thread has become so silly, I thought I'd just make the point that the cat is now about 100ft tall.

duckman
05-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Mochinist if you did that on an other site you would probably get banned FOR life

mochinist
05-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Mochinist if you did that on an other site you would probably get banned FOR lifeoh no not that

Lew Hartswick
05-08-2010, 07:03 PM
The both of you need to go sit the corner for an hour.
...lew...

Ken_Shea
05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, the guys that do that are the ones you do not want to rent a all utilities paid home/apartment too.

That stupid cat is 583.96 KB (597970 bytes) long X 2 now, if they were paying for the bandwith at the end of the month they would do differently.

Oldbrock
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Jugs, I thought they had straightened out the roads since I left in '54

R W
05-08-2010, 08:02 PM
This topic became a waste of space AFTER reply 6

spope14
05-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Lol...........

lazlo
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
This topic became a waste of space AFTER reply 6

Short but sweet. We usually have at least one flame-war going on that has absolutely nothing to do with machining, and the typical length is 40 pages.

But hey, all the members died from the Swine Flu and defective drywall that was a Western conspiracy, so no one cares :p

Doc Nickel
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Submitted without comment.

http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1206.gif (http://www.the-whiteboard.com/)

Doc.

rockrat
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm still laughing about the cat. Did it get caught in a large bed planer?

rock~

John Stevenson
05-08-2010, 09:10 PM
No it was stretched between two fence posts.

Your Old Dog
05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I think some guys don't realize when you use another persons post as a quote, you can remove all of their post that you are not addressing to save space and time for the dial up boys.

I normally put in a series of .......................... before and after the part of their post I am using so that no one thinks that's all the guy said.

I will say I feel for the guys on dial up when someone quotes an artical with a mess of pictures in it.

Doc Nickel
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I think some guys don't realize [...] you can remove [...] space[.]

-Am I doin' it rite? :D

Doc.

small.planes
05-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Doc,
It was the punchline that made it :)

Dave

(Considerd quoting the whole post, but hasnt had that much beer today :p )

http://the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1207.gif

malbenbut
05-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I could restring half a dozen tennis raquets with that cat.
MBB

Weston Bye
05-09-2010, 06:08 AM
I could restring half a dozen tennis raquets with that cat.
MBB

...or a lifetime supply for the string section of the orchestra.

BillDaCatt
05-09-2010, 08:42 AM
scrolling sucks

long cat is long

OMG ROFL :D :D :D

(if I had just removed those pesky tags...)

[I]edit: OK I see now that I'm a bit late on this one. [IMG] info removed.

rockrat
05-09-2010, 09:19 AM
No it was stretched between two fence posts.

Strong fence.

rock~

Evan
05-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Just wait 'till August when nobody is doing any machining here. It gets better. :D

BobWarfield
05-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Doc, I just wanna know, was that Tiffie, Sir John, or Evan calling about the keyhole saw?

Cheers,

BW

John Stevenson
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Can't be Tiffie he's too busy looking them up on Tiffiepedia.

Not me, I don't know what one is without asking Evan so Ipso facto it's got to be Evan. :rolleyes: :D

MichaelP
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
...you can remove all of their post that you are not addressing to save space and time for the dial up boys.

A short version of the Long Cat for the bandwidth impired.
http://www.glacern.net/free_photo_upload/Not-so-long-cat-2.jpg

jugs
05-09-2010, 01:53 PM
A short version of the Long Cat for the bandwidth impired.
http://www.glacern.net/free_photo_upload/Not-so-long-cat-2.jpg

Thought this was a machining site not vivisection :eek:

Scishopguy
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
That is now a "Copy Cat" :D :D :D

ldbent
05-09-2010, 03:19 PM
the World's Greatest Pain in the Ass goes to---
the knuckle head who posted the linear feline for the third time.

gwilson
05-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Are you guys trying to overload this site till it becomes as slow as the Practical Machinist's Forum?

I think you should be banned for this kind of BS.

darryl
05-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Cats name is probably Moses- as you might recall, there is or was a passage in the bible where it suggests that Moses tied his -ss to a tree and walked seven miles. . I think it was a biology lesson where they were trying to show that skin is the stretchiest substance known. :)

jugs
05-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Cats name is probably Moses- as you might recall, there is or was a passage in the bible where it suggests that Moses tied his -ss to a tree and walked seven miles. . I think it was a biology lesson where they were trying to show that skin is the stretchiest substance known. :)

couldnt find it, is it a secret passage ??:D

oldtiffie
05-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Nope.

That's the one they used for all the "begatting" that went on.

Its the passage that some seek as their right as in their "right of passage".

Some right!!!

Some "entitlement".

oldtiffie
05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Doc, I just wanna know, was that Tiffie, Sir John, or Evan calling about the keyhole saw?

Cheers,

BW

'twoz me Bob - I too cannot tell a lie (sort of).

There I woz having a good look/perve through that bloody key-hole and Doc pokes that bloody saw in and started it - ipso facto I am interested in getting rid of that key-hole sore I got from Doc.

rockrat
05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the cat seems to be getting longer?

rock~

MichaelP
05-09-2010, 10:29 PM
It's young and still growing...

Cobbler
05-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Holy Cow!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

I would have quoted what I thought was so funny but I couldn't figure out how to do quotes with sore sides, teary eyes, and warm Mt. Dew all over the screen.

darryl
05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Since it's now been choked to death by the person holding it, it's doing the horizontal bop
http://www.glacern.net/free_photo_upload/longcat.jpg

You have no idea how hard it was to resist posting it full length sideways :)

jugs
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Since it's now been choked to death by the person holding it, it's doing the horizontal bop
http://www.glacern.net/free_photo_upload/longcat.jpg

You have no idea how hard it was to resist posting it full length sideways :)

I like horizontal pus*y, what can we do with this one ? :p :)

jugs
05-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Jugs, I thought they had straightened out the roads since I left in '54

Hi brock, yes they have, the new(ish) A55 dual carriageway [Holyhead-Chester]. It crosses the Menai Strait (http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/wiki/Menai_Strait) on the remains of Robert Stephenson's Britannia Bridge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Bridge .

I'm ok driving or as a passenger in trains, planes, rollercosters & motorbikes, but need I Quells for every thing else, for some reason they didnt work that day :mad: , smell (it was a new coach), motion (air suspension) I hate going through other peoples motions :eek: , dont know ? Shame cos I missed a good show, there's always next yr.