PDA

View Full Version : 1935 Vauxhall Big Six O/T

wbleeker
05-10-2010, 03:34 AM
I have just put a deposit on a 1935 Vauxhall Big Six, the car is in pretty good original condition with very little rust and running. I have had a bit of a look around the web to see if there are any dealers in the UK selling bits and pieces for the older Vauxhalls, there were a lot of them made and there probably is someone over there selling bits and pieces for them. Does anybody have any contacts etc who might be able to point me in the right direction?
Thanks Will

John Stevenson
05-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Will,
I'll ask around, I know a lot of vintage car buffs in the UK, none with a Vauxhall spring to mind but they move in the same circles.

One listed in OZ.

http://www.abouttimespares.com.au/showpartslist.asp?PerPage=25&PageNum=3&Cat=87&Sub=&Subsub=

The Artful Bodger
05-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi Will

There were a lot of Vauxhalls in NZ so it may be worth looking as these guys

http://www.vocnz.org.nz/

John

Charles P
05-10-2010, 08:32 AM
In the UK there's a big divide between pre and post GM Vauxhalls.
I know a few sources for pre GM takeover but none for the latter cars

Charles

bob ward
05-10-2010, 10:11 AM
These guys run an ad in Restored Cars, The Vauxhall - Opel Owners Car Club of NSW

www.vooc-nsw.com

I see on the same page as their ad in the current Restored Cars there is a 46 Caleche and a pair of 27 type R tourers for sale.

wbleeker
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, this will be a long term project my current one is a 1989 Isuzu FVR900 truck that we bought new and used for carting potatoes and cattle for 16 years until rust took over around the windscreen and front of the roof, we have replaced all the rust affected panels with new ones and completely resprayed the cab as well as attending to any other minor problems and the truck is almost ready for re-registration, as we don't require a truck any more it is for sale and I have a very keen buyer waiting on it, so it looks like he will be paying for the Vauxhall and them some!
Will