PDA

View Full Version : Omrom program controler question

Luke55
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm working on a rod cleaner prototype. To control it my customer brings me an Omron CP-1L-L14DR-A programmable controler. Is there someone on this group who knows how to program this controler?
Every 45 minutes it operates an external relay#1 for 1 minute-stop 1 minute-operate external relay#2 for 1 minute- restart cycle.

I took a look at the CD's CXone. I don't have time right now to learn all that I might do it later.

h12721
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Luke ,
if You had a Partlow Controller MIC 6000 there would be no problem.
But for the Omron i have no Manual. One would need that to help You. I myself need now a Manual for a ""IEC HV-900-s"" Controller.
Who has one of those???
Hilmar

squirrel
05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Seems like too much horsepower for the application. If I am correct that is a PLC? It looks like 2 time delay relays and latch should work.

snowman
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Seems like too much horsepower for the application. If I am correct that is a PLC? It looks like 2 time delay relays and latch should work.
Quit thinking :-)

For what some of the programmable relays go for these days though, it's cheaper to go with the high hp method. Relays are expensive! (though most of us never actually buy them, we just reuse them from the last project)

Luke55
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
time delays sells for 125$ each plc is $275 The only draw back with the plc : you have to learn how to program it. Normally I work with Potter Bromfield cns3592 programmable relays. Very easy to undestand The man I'm working for prefer plc because he can add subroutines if he needs.

MaxHeadRoom
05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
If its simple logic, just half dozen I/O, go with a Smart Relay, they are mostly all identical, just relabelled Omron, Idec, Siemens, Square D etc.
No software or hardware needed to program.
Max.

kf2qd
05-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I programmed Omron PLC's until 2 yeas ago. CXOne is relatively easy to use. Have you connected to the PLC to take a look at the program? Do you have ANY documentation as to how it is supposed to function? if it is as you describe it there should not be much code to look at. I have access to a 4 year old version of CXone.