PDA

View Full Version : How to / Mag. feed bolt action conversion.

Bob McGee
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a post 64 model 70 action that is begging to be converted to a magazine feed. Are there any threads or plans for this conversion? there are several companies that sell the bottom metal to convert Remington actions but have never seen them for Winchesters. In any case I would rather make the parts needed for the conversion rather than buy them, a photo or plan, or better yet a thread on this project would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

38_Cal
05-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Can't help you with the plans, but what caliber are you doing this with? Is it a long action or short? I believe that Mo DeFina was making Remington 700 conversions to use HK-91 magazines for .308-class cartridges. If you could get a photo of his triggerguard/latch system, that would go a long ways towards designing what you want. If memory serves, the HK-91 uses a center feed magazine, and Mo didn't have to alter the receiver.

David

Bob McGee
05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
38_cal
The action is the full length model and I was planning on using a .308 length cartridge. You answered one of my main concerned in mentioning a single stack magazine.

Rusty Marlin
06-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Can't help you with the plans, but what caliber are you doing this with? Is it a long action or short? I believe that Mo DeFina was making Remington 700 conversions to use HK-91 magazines for .308-class cartridges. If you could get a photo of his triggerguard/latch system, that would go a long ways towards designing what you want. If memory serves, the HK-91 uses a center feed magazine, and Mo didn't have to alter the receiver.

David

The HK-91 feeds as a double column, not from center.