PDA

View Full Version : Emtoc 2 Surface grinder

johnvi
05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi all,
I recently bought an old surface grinder, supposedly in working condition.
The markings on the control levers have nearly all worn off.
I have worked out most of them, but there are 2 electric switches on the panel and I cannot figure one of them. One switches on the suds pump, OK. But under that one is another one with a picture of the wheel guard and an up arrow. The switch is broken. Can anyone tell me what that is for? And is it worth getting it fixed?

Also, where does Emtoc-2 originate? The seller said it is Russian, but I am not so sure. Some of the electrics insie seem to have Italian labels. Any info would be appreciated. Does anyone have a manual? Happy to reimburse expenses of copying/emailing/postage.
Thanks.

JoeFin
05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Automatic machine - right?

You should have a switch for "Table Feed" - On/Off. It could latch in a control relay if it is a "Momentary Switch" which in turn would feed the limit switches on the table. That or it is for the "Dust Collector" that comes off the wheel guard

http://www.exapro.eu/uk/produit-26487-preowned-surface-grinding-machine-grisetti-emtoc.html

No wiring schematic inside the control cabinet either I take it

BTW: much easier to receive help if you can supply pictures

lane
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
For the over the wheel dresser.

Alistair Hosie
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
you couldn't switch it on for a millisecond to see what they do everything cleared away out of harms way of course ? Alistair

johnvi
05-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Automatic machine - right?

You should have a switch for "Table Feed" - On/Off. It could latch in a control relay if it is a "Momentary Switch" which in turn would feed the limit switches on the table. That or it is for the "Dust Collector" that comes off the wheel guard

http://www.exapro.eu/uk/produit-26487-preowned-surface-grinding-machine-grisetti-emtoc.html

No wiring schematic inside the control cabinet either I take it

BTW: much easier to receive help if you can supply pictures

Joefin, thanks for that. The machine pictured in the link to exapro shows the same control panel layout. The switch I am trying to figure is the bottom black one.
I havn't worked out how to insert pics yet.
No wiring diagram inside.
I will search "grisetti"

johnvi
05-14-2010, 06:57 PM
For the over the wheel dresser.
Lane, I don't understand what "over the wheel dresser" means.

johnvi
05-14-2010, 06:59 PM
you couldn't switch it on for a millisecond to see what they do everything cleared away out of harms way of course ? Alistair
Alistair, the mystery switch is broken. I worked out all of the other controls using the "try it and see" method.

Jim Shaper
05-14-2010, 06:59 PM
It's an automatic wheel dresser that's located over the wheel rather than under it like you'd have for the table.

Cat's pj's if you've got one.

doctor demo
05-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't understand what "over the wheel dresser" means.
An ''over the wheel'' dresser is exactly what it sounds like. It is a diamond mounted on a ram that travels across the top of the wheel (usually with a micrometer adjustment) for the down feed of the diamond.

Steve

Guess I should read all the posts before posting:o