kendall
05-21-2010, 12:12 PM
It would be sitting in my shop right now

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/1709899415.html

Looks like it has the vise too

Ken.

madman
05-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I moved one of those years ago in a homemade Pickup truck Box trailer. It was so HEAVY. Drove right by a Ministry inspector who had pulled a Dump Truck Over on the other side of the Road. We (3 of us in the Pickup Cab) watched the Truck Driver point at our rig as it went by but the Ministry Inspector never even looked behind him (lucky us) As we also had a 14 inch elliot shaper in the back of the F150 Ford Pickup Truck I was driving. Man we laughed but were wondering if it would make it to the Shop. As we pulled up to the Guys Building and went up the Driveway ramp the left hand leaf spring just snapped right off. I had a Guy with a 440 Holmes Wrecker lift the shaper of for a case of beer. (cable tow truck) I stood WAY BACK as that wrecker winch and cable made noises like it was never meant to make. To give the Wrecker operator credit??? he just stood right there and lifted it off the trailer and on the ground without even looking concerned. Anyhow all i remember was it was a nice machine and also very Heavy. The guy paid us for moving his shaper to the shop ($75 bucks) and i kept his shaper vice and got my Elliot for Free. It is still in my shop with a Dave coffer Indexer almost completed with PLXC controls.

DeereGuy
05-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Guys, I don't know much about shapers but I have the room and 220 3 phase, do any of you know what this might weigh?

DeereGuy
05-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I just sent the seller an email asking what HP the motor is and if it will run on 220 3 phase. I was looking for a smaller one but this just might do.

Ken_Shea
05-22-2010, 09:05 AM
You better hurry, a man can't have too many shapers :D

Really, contact him to be sure it's what it appears, if it is, jump on it and worry about the weight later.

Tony Ennis
05-22-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll get the front, you get the back, lift on the count of 3!

andy_b
05-22-2010, 10:46 AM
NICE!!! I'd bet that's a 5000-pounder for sure. My 20" G&E weighed somewhere around 5000. You guys are lucky the price of scrap isn't back up as that would be worth way more than $200 to the Chinese.

andy b.

xeddog
05-22-2010, 12:01 PM
My local scrap yard has a G&E 23' sitting in their yard. The vice almost looks like it weighs 5000lbs.

Wayne

(Well, obviously not 5000 lbs for the vice, but that sucker sure looks heavy)

MuellerNick
05-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Looks like a bad paintjob with the spraygun over a solid layer of rust to me.

Nick

hawgwrench
05-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I've never had the opportunity to watch one of these in action,but have seen youtubes of'em working.Almost puts you in a trance to watch...one day I'll have the pleasure of owning one.The sheer size of some of these is staggering,forget the weight factor.