X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Ford
    • Dec 2003

Maker Faire

Anybody going to Maker Faire today Sunday, 5/23/10?

I'm just leaving home now and will be there pretty much all day hanging by the lathe in the TechShop building. . .
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech
  • danlb
    • Nov 2008

I went yesterday. I spent all day wandering around. The techshop presentation was not great, but then again I've already seen all their toys.

If you are in the SF bay area, it's an event worth going to.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• doctor demo
      • Apr 2006

Maker Fair is not something I'm familliar with.
      Wish I had known about it sooner, it's a little late to head to the bay area from here. I'll put it on My calender for next year if someone has the details.

Steve

Comment

• danlb
        • Nov 2008

Check it out at http://www.makerfaire.com/

They promote making things, using every skill imaginable.

Yesterday I saw:

Welded art and machines.
        Rockets (liquid fuel and solid) being displayed, built and launched (the smaller ones)
        Electric vehicles of all kinds
        Fuel cell cars and plug in hybrids.
        Electronics projects from the frivolous to the fabulous
        Steam powered devices ranging from a coal powered model steam train to a steam powered snow cone machine to a steam engine the size of a locomotive.
        Remote controlled boats (3 or 4 foot length) that had an actual battle with 1/4 inch ball bearings as ammo. 5 were sunk and resurrected for later battles.

I spent 8 hours wandering around and loved it.

Dan

PS: I just noticed that I'm in this video at the 59 second mark. I'm in the blue shirt watching a 10 year old kid play chess against a robotic arm. The robot creamed him.

A time lapse video at Maker Faire 2010 on Saturday. Its fun to watch the robot chess player move the pieces.
        Last edited by danlb; 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM.
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
        X