PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight manuals?

metalmagpie
05-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi. This may be a laughably dumb issue, but I can't find the links for the manuals on the new HF site. I find it helpful sometimes to look at the manuals. In this case, I have a particular SKU and I want to look at its exploded parts diagram and get a part number and then call CS and see the price for that particular part.

metalmagpie

Ken_Shea
05-24-2010, 09:49 PM
I've always seen them directly under the product,
There is the description, then a few tabs, one is the manual.

3t-
05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Often times the HF manuals are pretty poorly written and sometimes the diagrams are very difficult to read. I usually go to the Grizzly website, find the same machine and then download the digital copy of their manual. They are usually much better quality.

lakeside53
05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
..and with Grizzly... the price is on the parts list.

JMcTool
05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi. This may be a laughably dumb issue, but I can't find the links for the manuals on the new HF site. I find it helpful sometimes to look at the manuals. In this case, I have a particular SKU and I want to look at its exploded parts diagram and get a part number and then call CS and see the price for that particular part.

Ken has it right. Just enter the SKU in the search box. Somewhere among the stuff returned is your item. Click on it, and hit the "Support/Download manual" tab. Download away.

Sometimes the SKU doesn't appear to be valid anymore. Sometimes that's true, and sometimes it isn't completely true. If you hand-formulate the URL you can sometimes retrieve manuals for old items.

There's a pattern to the manual URLs. For instance here's one: http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/93000-93999/93762.pdf
The pattern should be obvious for the common format SKUs. Happy hunting.

Jim

metalmagpie
05-25-2010, 01:33 AM
I've always seen them directly under the product,
There is the description, then a few tabs, one is the manual.

They have a new Web site now. I know about where stuff was on the old one.

Twmaster
05-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Teh new H-F website stinks. I complained when the word 'lathe' was entered into the search block and returned no results.

Idiots.

I'm with the previous poster... Find the comparable machine at Grizzly. Download their much better manual.

Ken_Shea
05-25-2010, 10:07 AM
They have a new Web site now. I know about where stuff was on the old one.

My crystal ball is broke so I didn't know that or for what you are looking for a manual ;)

knudsen
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
C'mon, Mike, lathes are under "Stationary Milling & Drilling" now that they are HFS instead of HF. Everyone knows that :D

If you didn't find the Support / Download Manual tab yet, look under the price, and to the left a little. I looked at a couple things and they still had the manual. No support though, which is nothing new :D

gnm109
05-25-2010, 11:28 AM
The manuals are still on the site. The one below came form a box that I clicked in the middle of the page for the lathe shown.

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/45000-45999/45861.pdf

radkins
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
C'mon, Mike, lathes are under "Stationary Milling & Drilling" now that they are HFS instead of HF. Everyone knows that :D

If you didn't find the Support / Download Manual tab yet, look under the price, and to the left a little. I looked at a couple things and they still had the manual. No support though, which is nothing new :D

Actually typing "lathe" into the search bar will bring up lathes after all it just brings up screw drivers and driver bits, etc first, all you have to do is scroll down through the other junk and you will eventually find them. :rolleyes:

Vern2
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
If you use the Grizzle parts list for price, it cost more but you get it from there ware house. Get the part from HF manual, call the 800 number. The price is 1/3 the price, but you have to wait 2 months. The part I was looking for was $39 at Grissle and $14 from HF.

I did a temperary fix on the lathe and kept using it.

I waited 60 days, it came in the US mail 60 days later, then made permanent fix.

Vern