PDA

View Full Version : I got a Grizzly flyer IN CANADA

RancherBill
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I received the Spring 2010 flyer in the mail. I had signed up on the web a couple of years ago for their flyers, but never received any until today.

It is this flyer (http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2010/Spring/) with exception that on the front page it has this message printed over top of the 'index' spot.

FREE BROKERAGE FOR CANADIAN MACHINE ORDERS
From May 1 until September25, 2010 we will pay the brokerage for all machinery orders.

I looked on their site and found this FAQ about Canadian orders (http://www.grizzly.com/qa_questions.aspx?#08a).

The flyer was mailed from Windsor On. MAYBE they are setting up a drop ship facility in Windsor. Just a guess.

So, all the Canadian guys should sign up at Grizzly for flyers.

Willy
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the tip Bill.
I know I've tried to get them to send me a catalog in years past but they would never send one, finally gave up.
Just now, after reading your post I tried again and yes indeed they have listed Canada and all the provinces in their drop down mailing lists!
They even sent me a confirmation email saying that the catalog was on it's way.
This must be a new business aliance, or who knows, a falling out, between two brothers that each own Grizzly and Busy Bee.
Whatever it will be good for the hobbyist marketplace of Canada.
Once again thanks for the heads up.

kf2qd
05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Perhaps the economic slowdown has caused them to look at other markets and thus you all get a chance to become customers. I suppose there is some added cost for those of you on the northern half of the continent that might well have discouragesd them in the past, but with the market here having slowed the chance to keep product moving has made Canada look a bit better to them as a market.

Your Old Dog
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I got a Grizzly flyer IN CANADA....................

Oh yea? I once got laid IN CANADA. Keep your silly flyer and I'll keep fondling my memories :D
Just fun'en with you! No harm meant!

torker
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh yea? I once got laid IN CANADA. Keep your silly flyer and I'll keep fondling my memories :D
Just fun'en with you! No harm meant!
LOL! You ass! :D

uncle pete
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
It's my understanding (And I've been wrong before) That Busy Bee will be the Canadian supplier for the new South Bend line of equipment Grizzly will/is selling. This may have something to do with Grizzly's sudden change about shipping to Canada. My shop is now out of room, So IMO Grizzly should have done sales to Canada 20 yrs. ago . I got my sales flyer today from them. I thought it was a nice touch on their part that they kept track of previous customers from Canada. I've read a lot of negitive postings about Grizzly over the years but any time I've been in the Belingham store the staff were the best I've ever dealt with. Their equipment is what it is, Don't expect Bridgeport quality and durability for far less than half the price. People can put down Chinese built machine tools all they want, But in reality just how many on this forum would even be posting here without those relitively cheap machine tools?

Pete

Chester
05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Received my Grizzly catalogue yesterday and got an email today asking if it showed up.......nice touch I thought.

Can HF be far behind? Saves all those trips to Buffalo...........

J.C. Whitney once had a drop ship arrangement out of Ft. Erie (ON) but that seems to have fizzled.

Duffy
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Be advised that the posted UPS brokerage fees do not necessarily correspond to the amount that you pay at the door. I ordered a VFD from Factorymotion; it was shipped UPS and the shipping charges were included, (only a few dollars,) so the total bill was about $120.00. At the door, I had to fork out over $40.00 to the nice man! There was no detailed breakdown, but it was WAY over their "brokerage fee."

homeshop99
05-29-2010, 11:55 AM
UPS Brokerage fees to Canada.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

uncle pete
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I think UPS considers Canada to mean "Lets screw em"

Pete

Chester
05-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I think UPS considers Canada to mean "Lets screw em"

Pete

You got that right!!

About twenty years back A $10 item was shipped UPS and it cost $30 (brokerage) when picked up at their warehouse. Never used UPS again!