PDA

View Full Version : What a Pompous A$$

rws
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
There was a legitimate question asked on the PM site about a benchtop lathe.

Good ol' Milacron closed the thread, since the poster asked about a Chinese lathe.

I swore that site off for a long time due to him, then went back on a boring day. I think I'll just delete the link.

Liger Zero
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
There was a legitimate question asked on the PM site about a benchtop lathe.

Good ol' Milacron closed the thread, since the poster asked about a Chinese lathe.

I swore that site off for a long time due to him, then went back on a boring day. I think I'll just delete the link.

Most of those people are just too full of themselves.

How many threads do I read over there with people declaring "The vast majority of the workforce consists of retards, idiots, morons and people not worth my time, therefore I work alone." Quite a few.

Or the ever popular "of course I know how to do that that's why I am a PROFESSIONAL now let me lower myself to your level" attitude of some posters.

If they would town down the ego-thumping and arrogance a bit it would be a far better place.

I use both PM and this site but i favor this one because it is far more friendly.

Here, we have a good cross-section of skills and technical knowhow, and in general people here are friendly.Here, we have a good cross-section of skills and technical knowhow, and overall the information is more accessible because of that.

beanbag
06-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I noticed a few months back that professional CNC machining was also one of those competitive male sports, where people brag about their metal removal rate.

MaxHeadRoom
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
As well as Chinese machines, he deletes any ref to the cnczone and closes the thread.
If you happen to reply to one of his posts and it is not the answer he was looking for he gets very irritated.
I left there a long time ago.

Liger Zero
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I noticed a few months back that professional CNC machining was also one of those competitive male sports, where people brag about their metal removal rate.

Manual machinists do that as well. If your lathe isn't rigid enough to take a 1" cut on cast-iron at full speed then you just aren't MAN enough to post here. :D

sansbury
06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Or more importantly, their rapid speeds, as often seen in YT videos of machines that haven't made a single chip.

Rex
06-04-2010, 03:42 PM
As a young lad, a respected older boss once told me that professional machinists are the most ill-tempered, antisocial people in the workforce. 30 years later I'm still realizing how smart that guy was.
OTOH, hobby machinists are usually nice folks :)

Bguns
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I at the start, read the big red posting guidelines sticky at top of PM forum.

Never have had a post deleted...

He pays the bills, he can do as he wishes...

Don't like it.. It's America, buy him out....

PM is not a place for thin skinned 7x10 Lathe owners, and never has been...

Plenty of other places to talk about HF's latest wonder machine (that they don't have any parts for)

Forrest Addy
06-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah well, don't let the ants ruin the picnic. Most of the regulars are OK. As for Milacron, who cares? On the good side he's bent his own rules a bit about Asian built hobby grade machine tools. He once allowed a thread to run its full course without deleting it. Maybe age is makng him mellow.