PDA

View Full Version : OT Any body use Expedia

GRH
06-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I Know this is off topic, Was wondering if any of you have booked a airline ticket with Expedia and was there any problem.
Reason is wife and I are thinking of using them.

Thanks Graeme

Dr Stan
06-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I have and found it to be OK. It does not include Southwest Airlines, so I usually also check its web site.

Farbmeister
06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes... I did on several occasions. Booked a flight, car and hotel to CA from PA last year.

Use them all. Go for the lowest price. Be aware that most online sites did not handle baggage fees.. so when you checked luggage you still had to pay at the counter. Might have changed... but I doubt it.

Flying used to be an fun adventure.. now its nothing more than ridiculous 'security' (TSA let the two terrorists with bombs on the planes... yet still want to sniff your shoes.. don't get me started.), outrageous fees and iffy service (you will not believe what people are using as a 'carry on' to avoid the baggage fee. Overhead bins fill up fast.

Mcgyver
06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
use them all the time, I've traveled a lot in the past and they're great way to see all the options, never had a problem with them

checked bags? yuck....nothing but carry on

Al Messer
06-07-2010, 12:08 AM
My wife and I have used them several times with excellent results. We check the large suitcase for $25.00 at the ticket counter, carry on a small knapsack with books and snacks and don't have to worry about having to tote the suitcase from one end of the termnal to the other in order to make our connecting flight.

dp
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I Know this is off topic, Was wondering if any of you have booked a airline ticket with Expedia and was there any problem.
Reason is wife and I are thinking of using them.

Thanks Graeme

I used to work for them. In fact I retired from there. They're geared toward the middle/upper crust traveler. Hotels.com and hotwire.com tend more toward the working stiff. They're all owned by Expedia.

Between the three of them you'll find something that works for you. I still use them.

bob ward
06-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I've used them for US & Europe accom bookings. Everything worked flawlessly and saved me a heap of money.

BigBoy1
06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I usually use Expedia (or Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.) to find out what they offer as the "best price". I don't book the flight but then take all of the flight information and look at the airline's website. I have found that many times I can get a cheaper fllight from the airline and not have to pay the Expedia, Orbitz, etc. booking fees. Just my experience.

Evan
06-07-2010, 10:19 AM
The wife booked her last tickets directly with the airline. They will show what seat sales there may be, especially if you can fly last minute. Last minute tickets can be very much cheaper.