PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat! (finally)

Arcane
06-18-2010, 12:26 AM
After all the tool gloats I have seen on here, and figuring I never would have one of my own, today I think I have what is probably going to be the closest I ever get to being able to claim a "Tool Gloat", even if it is a little one. Awhile back I bought a 9" SB lathe with a 54" bed. It was the better part of a day's trip there and back and I got a few other items while there. One of them was an old 7 drawer Craftsman toolbox that had a lot of various stuff in it (must weight over a hundred pounds!), quite a bit of which was Starrett stuff and a bunch of change gears. I was poking around in it today and took a close look at the gears. There was a 100/127 tooth gear and six smaller gears. Turns out it is a complete set of transposing gears to cut metric threads on a South Bend lathe with an 8 thread per inch lead screw! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Arcane/Gear%20chart/metricgearchart.jpgDang! Forgot that you can't link to a Yahoo Group!

wierdscience
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Are they in the little box with the red X in it?:D Sorry,couldn't resist:)

Good haul,that's why I always dig through boxes of "junk" forsale,never know what's in the bottom.