PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat - from The CNC Workshop

Weston Bye
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Attended the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop this past week. Good time, lots of info and friendly discussions with other attendees.

They had a drawing for door prizes at the end - items contributed by the vendors, present and not present but supportive of the effort.

I was fortunate, astonished and gratified to have my name drawn for a seat of Vectric Photo V Carve.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/pvc/pvc_index.htm

My thanks to George, Gretchen, the vendors, exhibitors, speakers and other attendees for making the CNC Workshop a success.

I have been accumulating the components to make a CNC mill, now I'll have to get hot on getting it running.

Black_Moons
06-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Nice, Be sure to engrave them a thank you card. :)

John Stevenson
06-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Weston,
That my have been my doing.

I emailed Tony and told him to look out for some sad old git at the show and give him a freebie to cheer him up.

Didn't know he'd found you :D

Circlip
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Couldn't have gone to a more deserving recipient, watch out for the "Deere" guy looking over your shoulder.

Regards Ian.

Deja Vu
06-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Have you gotten comfortable with the seat yet? Surely you have installed it by now and played with its interface in between your posts here. ;)

Weston Bye
06-26-2010, 04:23 PM
No, not yet. Self control. It's easy enough to peek in here periodically between jobs, but I need an uninterrupted block of time to adequately understand the software. I'm getting the next article for DM, other projects, and chores out of the way. I spent most of a week on vacation at the Workshop. I need to do some catching up. Besides, jumping into the software now, before I have a CNC to run the g-code on is like getting all dressed up and having nowhere to go - an excersize in frustration.

DFMiller
06-26-2010, 08:26 PM
John, you try to get the credit for everything. I figured after chatting Tony up and telling him a bunch of lies about you I figured he figured us folks were all gits and took pity on us. I do think that Weston is a very derserving winner. Tony really impressed me with his enthusiasm and effort he put into the event. I imagine that hisvefforts will be rewarded.

Your Old Dog
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Congratulations Weston, I'll bet you will soon have some fun with that. Keep us rookies posted on the progress of the conversion to cnc.