PDA

View Full Version : At last, It's my turn to gloat.

hoof
06-29-2010, 07:12 PM
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad327/gizmologist111/6885719.jpg

Won this at an auction today.

"Description – Trumpf laser press, 3 Ax, CNC, output 50-1,500 watts, X Ax – 98”, Y Ax – 51”, support table 189”x 48”, max work piece thickness – ”, punching tonnage constant – 27.5 tons,
Control - Bosch"

Looking forward to reading the books, hooking it up, and cutting some metal. If any one out there has any laser safety tips and feels like sharing I would be very grateful. Thanks,

It has a 1500 watt laser and is under power running, Bought it sight unseen from a reliable firm. Good price so thought the risk was small

Hoof

Deja Vu
06-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Holy crap! Nice! ....will be looking forward to seeing your first burns!

wierdscience
06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Does it have a single station or turret punch?

Those are mighty neat machines,now all you need is a press brake:)

boslab
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
watch your proportional valve if ones fitted, just shelled out nigh on 1000 for a replacement Bosch, youd think it was made of gold, apart from that good catch
regards
mark

hoof
06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Weiredscience, This machine is a new world for me. I did not have the chance to look it over before the auction closed. What I did learn other than what is the description I posted is the it is fully working. From the description I am lead to believe is that it has a turrit punch as well. I tried looking it up and google did not give any information to the model number. It state the there is a 27.5 ton capacity and a turret. I'm hopeing it is like a strippit machine. (That would be cool). The purchase cost is low, However I can only use riggers that are approved by the company I bought it from. That is most likely be the brunt of the cost on this. :-(

Errol Groff
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I used to have a sign with a laser light sort of logo that said:

Do Not Look Into Laser With REMAINING Eye

Errol Groff

Liger Zero
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Godfooking Dang, that's nice. I got "some" laser and turret experience so if you need "some" help don't hesitate to ask.

You will need gas. Various sorts. And you will need liquid for the liquid-ring pump. Also consumable lenses and tips for the laser.

wierdscience
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Weiredscience, This machine is a new world for me. I did not have the chance to look it over before the auction closed. What I did learn other than what is the description I posted is the it is fully working. From the description I am lead to believe is that it has a turrit punch as well. I tried looking it up and google did not give any information to the model number. It state the there is a 27.5 ton capacity and a turret. I'm hopeing it is like a strippit machine. (That would be cool). The purchase cost is low, However I can only use riggers that are approved by the company I bought it from. That is most likely be the brunt of the cost on this. :-(

For some reason I missed the photo link you have posted,but now looking at it I'd say you did well.Most likely is a turret punch,will probably have a nibbler function too.

Be sure and get any and all tooling that comes with it,the punches aren't too bad,but the dies are $$$ ea.

saltmine
06-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I donno....It looks like....if you get too close to it....it'll eat you.