PDA

View Full Version : Brought to my knees

Deja Vu
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
A while ago my wife wanted me to re-arrange a stiff lamp cord dangling under the table. When I got down there, I noticed the imperfections on the clawfeet of the table i made. So I thought I'd post a picture of the feet at a safe distance.
I spent a few hours with arms propped on the rests of a "lazyboy" look-alike while viewing TV programs through into the background as I whittled out a claw on a ball that looks like it was chewed by Goliath from the movie "The Sandlot". The claw incidently appears to be inflicted with a severe case of arthritis. :D

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/78/43/42124378/photos/miniature-work/table%20legs1.JPG

Al Messer
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
A while ago my wife wanted me to re-arrange a stiff lamp cord dangling under the table. When I got down there, I noticed the imperfections on the clawfeet of the table i made. So I thought I'd post a picture of the feet at a safe distance.
I spent a few hours with arms propped on the rests of a "lazyboy" look-alike while viewing TV programs through into the background as I whittled out a claw on a ball that looks like it was chewed by Goliath from the movie "The Sandlot". The claw incidently appears to be inflicted with a severe case of arthritus. :D

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/78/43/42124378/photos/miniature-work/table%20legs1.JPG

Looks O.K. to me!!

Deja Vu
06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks. It's a swival tilt top table with inlay on the table top.....kinda like those "pie crust" tables without the crust.

PeteF
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
A while ago my wife wanted me to re-arrange a stiff lamp cord dangling under the table.

Half your luck! My wife hasn't offered any of that sort of re-arranging since we had the baby! :(

Deja Vu
06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Half your luck! My wife hasn't offered any of that sort of re-arranging since we had the baby! :(
LOL! Now that you mention it, your interpretation became obvious.

Deja Vu
06-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Here's another pic. It brings it into perspective. :D Come on now, did any of you see the original from post #1 as full size?
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/78/43/42124378/photos/miniature-work/table%20legs2%20-%20finger.JPG

rohart
06-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, and even after reading your text I saw your finger as the top of an out of focus table that was nearer the camera ! Took me several retakes to get the picture !

So it's doll's house furniture ?

Very good !

Deja Vu
06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes, and even after reading your text I saw your finger as the top of an out of focus table that was nearer the camera ! Took me several retakes to get the picture !

So it's doll's house furniture ?

Very good !

Hrrrumph! Doll house furniture? For those in the scale replica field, that is an insult. Although my scaled models have been played with(and broken) by my nieces, the real joy is inspecting, measuring, and reproducing a full scale item to a smaller scale while keeping the unseen aspects of joinery true. ;) Getting materials can be exhausting as it can take a good part of the day finding that special branch that holds the proper tight grain.

I have been known to cut corners though...:D for instance, the chair below. The bent back and legs were steamed and pressed in jigs to form to required shape, but the little bent braces by the seat should have exposed micro slotted screw heads at their ends for fastening....I used a good glue and will simply put little bass buttons on the ends that "look" like screw fasteners. I did actually turn the little brass knob on the night stand drawer. Most of this work is exercises in technique.....like the outer "ring" walnut inlay on the table surface.
The geo-object on the night stand is from a tree made of wax and cast in sterling to test the operation of a homemade spin caster.

Oh! The rungs on the chair are made from ordinary round tooth picks turned on a small lathe with a "copy" attachment.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/78/43/42124378/photos/miniature-work/PICT1346.JPG