PDA

View Full Version : OT: These guys have no clue

JoeFin
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm visiting the website of a Swiss Instrument manufacture to acquire some information on setting up their service software. I shouldn't have to even perform the "said service" but upon the recommendation of their factory techs and the need to have a stable signal output of their level transmitter I'm forced to.

Quick and simple commissioning via menu-guided onsite operation with four-line plain text display

20 - 30 year old "Ultasonic" level measurement technology and I need to go in the device and edit the echo return. All the more modern Guided Wave Radar devices from other manufactures performs this function automatically, and seamlessly. I at least don't have to download their communication software, various patches to enable a HART protocol / USB interface device to work with their software and spend hours wallowing through their poorly translated menus.

"Sensor Up Trim"
Sensor Lo Trim"

The only documents translated with any amount of professionalism are their sales literature

Endress Hauser - pronounced "Endless Hosser" because if you specify any of their crap on your next project, your probably going to feel pretty hosed when your project goes severly in the RED because of huge delays in commissioning, and or production shut downs, and you wind up in the unemployment line or Bankruptcy Courts

doctor demo
07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Joe, You lost Me at ''Swiss Instrument....bla.. bla. bl b:D

So I guess You are still working, and not Leblond-ing. Haven't seen a post from ya since I got home from vacation.

Steve:)

JoeFin
07-23-2010, 12:43 AM
7 days a week in a nightmare commissioning project

winchman
07-23-2010, 02:39 AM
I hope 'commissioning' doesn't mean you're going to be paid a percentage of what they make selling it. :D