PDA

View Full Version : Bijur metering valves: FJB/FSA vs. MJB/MSA

MichaelP
07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Do you know if those are intechangeable? My '54 Monarch lathe has "M" series Bijur valves, but the Bijur site doesn't list them.

I've seen one mentioning on the Net that "M" and "J" series are not interchangeable, but they look similar to me. Are the "M" series valves just obsolete and has been replaced by "J" series?

Thank you.

Mike

P.S. Does anyone, by chance, has NEW 00 sizes of those for sale?

Mickey_D
07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I replaced all of the Bijur fittings last year in my 1947 10EE and actually got the complete set from Monarch. I think that the fittings and a couple of other little odds and ends was under $125 and ordering from them was only took one phone call. They did require the serial number so that they could make sure that they had the right ones - seems that there were some updates over the years. Considering that my lathe could retire next year on social security, I was very surprised that they stocked them as well as the original build records. They have their contact information on their website - http://www.monarchmt.com.

MichaelP
07-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Mickey,

Thank you. I just spoke to reps of both, Monarch and Bijur, and they both suggested "J" series as a replacement for the obsolete "M" valves. The only difference is that the internal check valve in "F" meter units requires higher presure to open. However, as long as a system uses a pump, there will be no difference in performance.