PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to HSM & George Bulliss

gr8life
07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Got really stuck understanding the print for the cut knurling tool this morning. So looking at the renewal notices for HSM I decided to call and reup. Got in touch w/ GB via email explained my problem and got a phone call from him and all is cleared up. Nice touch.
While renewing both magazines I realized that 3 years is rather optimistic for someone who is going to turn 66 this year. In the event I go off to the great swarf pile in the sky they have promised to refund the unused portion of my subscription to SWMBO. That should make me sleep better.
thanks
ed

rockrat
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
In the event I go off to the great swarf pile in the sky they have promised to refund the unused portion of my subscription to SWMBO.

Thats class!

Knew a gal that had her father pass when Wallmart was still owned by Sam Walton. The old fellow had a credit card with about $500 or less on it. She called them to settle up and they told her it was not their policy to take money from those who had passed on. They marked the account even and sent her the final bill marked $0 with a sympathy card. That always stuck in my head as a fine gesture.

Then ol' Sam Walton passed and the new corporate monkeys stopped the practice.

But enough of that, good call Village Press, good call.

I wonder if ol' Hugh Hefner would do the same for me? :D

rock~

doctor demo
07-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I wonder if ol' Hugh Hefner would do the same for me? :D
rock~
Exactly how many years of subscription to Playboy do You have pre-paid?

Steve:D

danlb
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
While renewing both magazines I realized that 3 years is rather optimistic for someone who is going to turn 66 this year.

I hope that was in jest. I know dozens of folks who are still having fun in their 70's and even 80s.

66 is not old any more. Thank god!

I think HSM is a class act too.

Dan

gr8life
07-27-2010, 12:09 AM
It is always wise to ask your doc after a visit if you should renew your magazine subscriptions for more than one year.
thanks
ed

oldbikerdude37
07-27-2010, 01:03 AM
George Bulliss is one cool guy, he will e mail you and say Shut the F**k up in a nice way and drop it at that.

gotta respect that.....

Davo J
07-27-2010, 02:50 AM
While renewing both magazines I realized that 3 years is rather optimistic for someone who is going to turn 66 this year.
ed

Don't give up on your self yet, your still young.
My grandfather is 88 and fought in the war and has been a ship builder, boiler maker all his life and is still going half strong in the shed.
I think being active in the shed keeps the mind and body going.
His latest project is a small homemade metal lathe, he has got me to make the spindle tool post and a few other things for it because he doesn't have a lathe. I treasure these days working with him, because I know in another 10 years I probably wont have him. I blame him for my tool/shed addiction because has taught me about tools and fixing things since I was around 7yrs old.
He has got the money to buy a new lathe but like he said were is the fun in that. If he didn't have the shed I don't think he would last long.

Dave

MuellerNick
07-27-2010, 03:15 AM
It is always wise to ask your doc after a visit if you should renew your magazine subscriptions for more than one year.

And you know how old you are when you enter the record store and they suggest buying a single and not a long play. :D

Nick

EVguru
07-27-2010, 04:54 AM
And you know how old you are when you enter the record store and they suggest buying a single and not a long play. :D

Nick

If you're going into a 'Record Store' and are trying to buy a 'Long Player', you're already a coffin dodger!

A friend of mine knew a couple who's doctor tired of trying to get them to change their very unhealthy lifestyle. He told them the best advice he could give was to stop paying into a pension!

Your Old Dog
07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
George Bulliss is one cool guy, he will e mail you and say Shut the F**k up in a nice way and drop it at that.

gotta respect that.....

Surely you jest! :D He had to do the same to/for me but he was a lot more polite then that !! That's likely why this site is so successful. Look to the far right column and see how many have read these threads, lots of lurkers out there. Wish they'd chime in with suggestions/ideas and projects once in a while.

Gr8life, my friend was told by his heart doctor it was safe to buy green bananas at the grocery store! Keep me posted on your progress, I'm coming up right behind you at 64.

Farbmeister
07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Um, you can cancel at any time and get a refund for the unused subscription.

He didn't do anything he wasn't obligated to by the legalese.

A true salesman.. make it sound like he's doing you a favor..

gr8life
07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Funny stuff. In truth I can not die anytime soon. The list of jobs to be done would preclude that. At 65.8333333 I still work in the shop 7 days a week. Granted they are not 8 hour days but they are full.
To those of you who visit their doctor on a regular basis the only thing to worry about is when the doc gives you a prescription you must take for the remainder of your life & the label reads " NO REFILL"
thanks
ed

tlfamm
07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
No one sees it? A new financial product is born:

The convertible subscription: while extant you continue to receive your monthly mag; upon your demise, your remaining balance is applied to your "final expense".

Shortly, Goldman Sachs will commence trading of convertible subscription bonds, derivatives, and associated financial hokum.

Alistair Hosie
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM
You are correct George is one of the worlds fine gentlemen he is a great and kind man.He sent me a nice present at his own expense all the way to Scotland .He's the very best and I have never met him or talked to him personally.Alistair