PDA

View Full Version : In need of some milling work . . . On the Gulf Coast

mulling
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Am moving this from "Networking"

In need of some help with a project. Have a small lathe, need some milling work done. Trying to locate HSM's in south MS, Harrison, Hancock, Jackson, George, Stone, or Pearl River counties. I am in Harrison County at Saucier. Mobile, New Orleans, Hattiesburg would not be too far.

Please contact me directly at mulling@cableone.net and/or SKYPE "mulling65". Thanx Gary

doctor demo
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Gary, it might be helpful if You gave a bit more detail as to what You need milled. I would think that if it is a ''small'' project You might even get Fed Up or Useless P S to send stuff to a willing provider.

Steve

winchman
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Ditto that. I'm not too far away in SW Georgia, so the shipping won't be horrendous, especially if will fit in a priority mail flat rate box.

mulling
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Gary, it might be helpful if You gave a bit more detail as to what You need milled. I would think that if it is a ''small'' project You might even get Fed Up or Useless P S to send stuff to a willing provider.

Steve
If you are a member of the local HSM Club, I may have been to your place. Prior to our moving down to the Gulf Coast (2004), we lived in Orangevale (Sacramento, North Highlands, San Jose areas for 34 years). I even brought part of my project (a faceting machine) to 1 or 2 meetings. I have redesigned it into smaller parts, but it is still not going to possible with my "lousey" equipment (saw, router, drill). All parts are of UHMW white material, maximum 2x2x4 or smaller. More than willing to send drawings for evaluation, etc. Shipping "stuff" would not be a problem.

Thanx, Gary

winchman
07-29-2010, 06:29 PM
I'll be glad to take a look at your drawing to see if it's something I can do. My options here are set so you can email me directly, or you can put the drawing in photobucket for me to look at.

doctor demo
07-30-2010, 01:12 AM
If you are a member of the local HSM Club, I may have been to your place. Prior to our moving down to the Gulf Coast (2004), we lived in Orangevale (Sacramento, North Highlands, San Jose areas for 34 years).
Thanx, Gary
Not a member, but I can't believe We never crossed paths.
I've been in the Sacramento and surrounding areas almost 50 years (nearly My whole life)

Steve

mulling
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Steve
Sorry Steve am somewhat sidlelined with some med-stuff, cataracks, etc. right now. Back everyone later, sorry.

Thanx
Gary

mulling
09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll be glad to take a look at your drawing to see if it's something I can do. My options here are set so you can email me directly, or you can put the drawing in photobucket for me to look at.

Been tied up with med-stuff for the last two weeks, cataracks, and things. will get back to you all later.
Thanx
Gary

Mark Hockett
09-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Gary,
I was a member of the Sacramento Area Home Shop Machinist group for many years. Where was your shop?

mulling
09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Gary,
I was a member of the Sacramento Area Home Shop Machinist group for many years. Where was your shop?

Mark
I never got to show my shop, did not have much compared to the rest of the group. I lived on Central Ave in Orangevale. Left there in 2004.

Gary