X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GBertolet
    • May 2010

Taper attachment for Rockwell 10X36 lathe

I recently purchased a used 10 X 36 Rockwell lathe that came with bunch of parts, including a taper attachment. I don't know if I have all the required parts. So far I have been able to find no instructions or documentation. I am not authorized to post pictures here, so I will try to describe what I have. I have the basic cast iron attachment with the adjustments that attaches to the saddle. Everything is self contained , with no attachment to the ways. I have a cross feed screw with a gear on it that seems intended to replace the existing cross slide feed screw. The gear is probably to engage gears inside the apron to advance the cross slide as the carridge moves. I have one other part that bewilders me. It's a heavy casting about 5 inches in size, that has a groove with two bolts to clamp on something and it has a extension with a hole about 1/2" through it, possibly for a shaft. I have seem pictures of other taper attachments, but nothing like this. The theory on how this works escapes me. Does anyone have any opinions or could suggest a website to learn about this setup?
    Last edited by GBertolet; 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM.
  • MTNGUN
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by GBertolet
    I am not authorized to post pictures here
    Can't help you with the taper attachment, but I wasn't aware that new members had to be "authorized" to post pictures.

? ? ?

Comment

• GBertolet
      • May 2010

The posting rules listed at the bottom of my page say, may not post attachments. Possibly, you must have a certain number of posts to do so.

Comment

• gzig5
        • May 2005

The posting rules listed at the bottom of my page say, may not post attachments. Possibly, you must have a certain number of posts to do so.
        I think what that means is that the site does not host pictures, for anyone. You need to host on Photobucket or whichever site you like and then post links to your pictures. I think the instructions are a sticky at the top of the forum.

As to your TA question, there is a pretty good Rockwell forum on Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RockwellLathe/

Comment

• GBertolet
          • May 2010

I will see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.

Comment

• doctor demo
            • Apr 2006

I have one other part that bewilders me. It's a heavy casting about 5 inches in size, that has a groove with two bolts to clamp on something and it has a extension with a hole about 1/2" through it, possibly for a shaft. I have seem pictures of other taper attachments, but nothing like this. The theory on how this works escapes me. Does anyone have any opinions or could suggest a website to learn about this setup?
            It sounds like what You are describing is a anchor clamp that clamps to the rear V way and then to the taper attachment via a rod to hold the taper attachment in place so that when the carriage moves the cross slide is moved by following the ways on the attachment.
            I hope I guessed Right and I hope My attempt to help is not too confusing.

Steve

Comment

• RussZHC
              • Mar 2010

# MD 310

Its under, "Delta", whole list is alphabetical

I often use the site just to look at what I wish I could find...

Comment

• GBertolet
                • May 2010

Doctor demo, I believe you are correct about the anchor mount. One more piece of the puzzle solved. Now to figure out how the cross slide is connected and activated by the attachment. I'm still working on the photo's.
                Try this http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/GBertolet I'm sure there is a way to get these better.
                Last edited by GBertolet; 08-12-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X