PDA

View Full Version : Evan, I am "compiling" a list of your posts!

Black Forest
08-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Hello Evan, I am "compiling" a list of your posts. They are so informative! How have you managed to "compile" such a vast knowledge base in your short years?

To have such a "compilation" of knowledge is remarkable. It would take me many lifetimes to "compile" such a vast and in depth knowledge base.

Have a nice day!

Evan
08-14-2010, 01:29 PM
When you are done how about sending me a copy? That way I might have a chance of remembering more than I forget each day...

I used to have a photographic memory. I think I have left it in the sun too long as it's a bit faded....

Black Forest
08-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Did you get my "hidden" meaning????

Evan
08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
I do now. I did hear a bit of a whooshing sound earlier.

I'll fire it up now and see what I can do.

Black Forest
08-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Did it go right over your head!!!! Happens to me a lot.

Evan
08-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I was able to compile it without errors after fixing the incorrect references but it doesn't actually work. I haven't been able to figure out how to make it generate a script for PovRay. It throws an exception about an instance of an object missing so something still isn't right.

Posting source code that is written to run on a system where the system directories are customized isn't a very good idea. It pretty well guarantees that the code won't work on another system.

Black Forest
08-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Would it do any good to email the author and get something from him?

Or you email him because you would ask what needs to asked?

I could PM you his email address.

Evan
08-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I hate debugging somebody elses code. Maybe ask him to compile it for you.

Black Forest
08-15-2010, 03:31 AM
I sent him an email. This is his reply

"Make sure the startup project is set to the windows form project; PovApp

open alibre, open your assembly in Alibre, then run the PovApp program.

This plugin is the first one I wrote and probably is less 'maintained' than the others, but I just loaded it and ran it and it ran fine following the above steps.

I have a very standard default OS installation, but regardless the program only uses directories you select for both input and output."

He didn't seem too enthusiastic about supporting the plug-in!

But I will ask again.

Thanks for trying Evan.