View Full Version : How to cut pattern to weld round end on pipe??

gary hart
08-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Looking for method of making pattern or layout to cut end of pipe into pedal like ends that can be folded in and welded together to form a full radius on end of pipe?

Think it is called orange peel but search didn't show method of generating the layout or pattern.

08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
It is called a Bull Nose Pipe Cap.

Google that and one comes up from the
pipefitters handbook. It gives dimensions
and layout for 2" and up. Page 2-64.

Hope this helps.

gary hart
08-14-2010, 11:48 PM
That it. Thanks. gary

loose nut
08-15-2010, 01:32 PM
The Pipefitters handbook shows how to do it. There should be one floating around the net somewhere.