PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight 20% coupon???

Tony Ennis
08-21-2010, 10:34 AM
My google-fu is weak today. Anyone have a link to a coupon?

jep24601
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I get some of mine out of magazines. Scan the motorcycle magazines in your bookstore - of course you'll have to buy a magazine then.

rockrat
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
They have been arriving at the house in one of these coupon bags. We get them about once a month and they are 20% each time.

rock~

Bob Ford
08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/SingleMagLanders/americanprofile/images/20_c.jpg

radkins
08-21-2010, 11:06 AM
I just saw a notice at the checkout a few days ago at the local HF that they will no longer accept "% off" coupons that have been printed out. The guy at the checkout said they did this because they no longer send out those types of coupons in E-mails and that they can only accept an original from a mailing, circular, magazine, etc. Where you shop may be different but a printed coupon would be useless here. The original coupons are easy to find however and have even turned up this week in a sales paper in the local newspaper along with almost every magazine I have picked up lately including readers digest.

Edit: I meant to say the ORIGINAL coupons are easy to find instead of printed coupons.

Tony Ennis
08-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks Bob.

The coupon is for retail shopping only. Would you happen to have one that works on the web? Otherwise (God forbid) I'll have to get out of my chair and go there. My wife doesn't know it yet but she's buying me a bandsaw for my birthday.

fishfrnzy
08-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Why not get the band saw for her bithday? Then youc an go ahead and get the mill, or whatever for your birthday.

Just my .02

Tony Ennis
08-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Ah that's good info, Radkins. HF probably wants to know who their customers are - the coupons tell them.

People showing up with printed/copied coupons tell them nothing.

oooooooo fishfrnzy is smart!

TOOLZNTHINGS
08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello,

A heads up for those who may not know that you can use multiple coupons on a single trip through the check out.

Between my wife and I we used ten 20 % coupons today in one trip through the check out. They will need to ring up each item separate to use the coupons. Let my wife handle the six bags of shop rags.:) A woman will always get away anything at any store ! I used the last four. Our store has always done this.

Brian

doctor demo
08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
The AAA insurance mag. that is called ''Via'' showed up today with a H.F. cupon page in it. Sep/Oct issue.

Steve

doorknob
08-21-2010, 10:46 PM
The guy at the checkout said they did this because they no longer send out those types of coupons in E-mails and that they can only accept an original from a mailing, circular, magazine, etc.

While that may be their local store policy, the checkout guy is neglecting (or unaware of) the fact that HF displays such coupons in its current online advertising, which specifically directs customers to print out the web coupon and bring it to their local retail store.

For just one example, if you look at the HF advertisement in the latest American Rifleman magazine, it directs you to go to http://www.harborfreight.com/americanrifle and on that page is a 20% coupon that you are supposed to print off and bring into your local store. That coupon currently has an expiration date of 09/16/10.

Ohio Mike
08-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Every Sunday paper that includes the USA Weekend magazine. The Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch is one.

radkins
08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
While that may be their local store policy, the checkout guy is neglecting (or unaware of) the fact that HF displays such coupons in its current online advertising, which specifically directs customers to print out the web coupon and bring it to their local retail store.

For just one example, if you look at the HF advertisement in the latest American Rifleman magazine, it directs you to go to http://www.harborfreight.com/americanrifle and on that page is a 20% coupon that you are supposed to print off and bring into your local store. That coupon currently has an expiration date of 09/16/10.

There it is plain as can be so I don't know what the deal is and sometimes I kind of wonder if some of the store managers aren't confused too! This was just this past week and the notice was posted in plain view on every register informing customers that "% off" coupons had to be originals and they could not accept printed copies. :confused: