PDA

View Full Version : Help with Parting

thebigron
08-21-2010, 11:51 PM
By accident I have found the perfect oiler for parting. Pictures should be following and the kit which comes with 2 bottles and 3 needle tubes (.047")should be readily found at an Office Depot, or Office Max or Staples stores. Cost about 16 or 18 bucks and as you can see the tube will easily fit in the slot left from parting. You can squeeze the oil where it needs to be and not all over the tool, tool holder, part or chuck and the amount you need is amazingly small making clean up a snap as the hole is but 47 thousands and waste is minimal. The tip is two piece and will snap out of the bottle and the tip will unscrew from the center piece (see last photo). I like to use some of the old standby lard oil and I can't find it much any more. This conserves it for me. Washing out the water based ink out of the bottles is pretty easy. Oh, by the way, the kit can fill up my HP printer cartaridge 10+ times before it is empty. I threw away the first set without realizing what I had.

thebigron
08-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Sorry, I cant find a way to download a couple of photos.......

Elninio
08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
why not just give us the link?

Black_Moons
08-22-2010, 02:18 PM
You can just buy suringes and blunt tiped needles for them...

Check a plastics supply store, they often have such things for acylic glue and such..

Paul Alciatore
08-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Is it anything like this Needle Tip Dispensing Bottle?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#squirt-bottles/=8ilsyi

Been using them for years.

dockrat
08-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I use one of these veterinary needles for oiling the ball type oil points on my lathe and mill and another one filled with cutting fluid for parting off.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/Dockrat1/IMGP1416Medium.jpg

TGTool
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I use one of these veterinary needles for oiling the ball type oil points on my lathe and mill and another one filled with cutting fluid for parting off.

Darn! Never thought of that. I've got a turkey marinade injector somewhere that would be just the thing. Might have to get another one so I've got the right one for both the oilers and cutting oil.

Bill Pace
08-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I also get them at the vet supplies section at my nearby rural hardware store, they come in several sizes. I just stick the sharp point on the grinder wheel and square it off -- handy things to have around...

beanbag
08-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I use a squeeze bottle with the nozzle that sticks out at 90 degrees.

Forrest Addy
08-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Laundry squirt bottles. Cheap, plentiful, handy, has a range of several feet, and you can keep many in a rack each filled with a different vile concoction for metal cutting.

PeteF
08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Forrest, sorry just for the benefit of us antipodean readers, what is a "laundry squirt bottle"? Something like a sauce bottle or old dishwashing bottle?