PDA

View Full Version : OT-Unusual scrap steel

Ridgerunner
08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Saw this (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mat/1919823859.html) for sale. It might be just the special something someone here is looking for. :D No affiliation.

Black_Moons
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Gez, first scrapers steal wires right off the power poles, and then when they get caught and sent to jail, they steal the jail cell!

Rustybolt
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Gez, first scrapers steal wires right off the power poles, and then when they get caught and sent to jail, they steal the jail cell!

Montgomery Elevator company had people on permanent assignment in the Chicago projects just to replace elevator cables.
Every Friday like clockwork

Forrest Addy
08-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Might be a good item for a fraternal organization to have in their prop rooms to set up at fairs and picnics for incarcerating lodge brothers, local pols, celebreties, all in good fun, ho ho.

KIMFAB
08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
My son has an old jail cell door that he uses for dragging his lot in back.
Dunno if a whole cell would be useful except for a kid that needs a little "quiet time"

Dr Stan
08-26-2010, 05:31 PM
This could get a bit "kinky" :D

krutch
08-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Just what I need! I can lock myself up!

recoilless
08-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Those look older. We have built two jails in the last 7 years and all the cells we put in are pre-fabbed offsite and then lifted off truck and dropped into place with a crane then a fork lift. Door, walls, floor and ceiling all included in one unit. Pretty slick, just have to do the security sealants, paint and a few finishes. The inmates will exploit ANY flaw to cause trouble (escape/fight/vandalize).

radkins
08-28-2010, 07:56 PM
. We have built two jails in the last 7 years and all the cells we put in are pre-fabbed offsite

I saw some of those things some time back in Virginia when traveling past a new prison facility being built. There was about forty or fifty of them sitting in a field near the construction site and it suddenly hit me that these things were to put people in! :eek: Just something about it gave me a real weird feeling that took a while to get over, I still think of those creepy things sitting there anytime I see a cage of any kind.

RetiredFAE
08-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, I have been searching for the perfect door to the addition to my house for my mother-in-law's room, think I just found it.....